Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drove the car to work this morning.run great under normal condtions then I got on it a little and it started like missing around 4500 rpms on up. the more I drove it the more it progressed. it now seems to be missing all the time and at idle ?

I was going to start by changing the plugs and replacing the plug boots. or could it be a dirty maf ?

car is not throwing any cel's any suggestions ?
thanks John

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
changed all plugs, pulled each coil wire off one at a time all working, cleaned mass air flow. checked all vacuum lines. could it be an injector. any other suggestions????????

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had no check engine light but decided to hook my diablosport up and it says p0354 ignition coil primary/ secondary ? any comments on this ?

also showed p304 cylinder # 4 misfire . ???????

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had no check engine light but decided to hook my diablosport up and it says p0354 ignition coil primary/ secondary ? any comments on this ?

also showed p304 cylinder # 4 misfire . ???????
Bad COP.
Swap it with another one, clear the codes and see if the code returns on the cylinder you swapped it to.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks will try today and let you guys know. thanks John

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
bad cop or im not sure if our cars have ignition countrol modules bet if so i would think that would be the primary

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
put all new cop's on now car is running great!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
for motor craft anywhere from 78 each to 120 each for msd think its like 400 for all of them and accel is like 30 each

·
Registered
600 Posts
not to whore a for sale ad, but if this happens to anyone else i have a used set with 20k on them i'll sell the set for 100 shipped if anyone does need them....ok maybe i am whoring a little but also trying to help anyone out who doesnt want to pay a crapload of money on new ones

glad you got it all work out though man, happy for ya

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Here is another thing that may save people money. If you get the CEL for misfire you can read the code to find the faulty cylinder. Then swap the coil with another one and drive for a bit to see if the code follows the COP swap. If it does you can replace only the bad one. If it does not follow it could be something else like a bad injector, low compression, bad spark plug, etc.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is another thing that may save people money. If you get the CEL for misfire you can read the code to find the faulty cylinder. Then swap the coil with another one and drive for a bit to see if the code follows the COP swap. If it does you can replace only the bad one. If it does not follow it could be something else like a bad injector, low compression, bad spark plug, etc.
good info for sure. I just decided to replace all 8 and be done with it. I now have some spares. anybody need one?? ;)

·
Registered
927 Posts
good info for sure. I just decided to replace all 8 and be done with it. I now have some spares. anybody need one?? ;)
how do you know what one is the bad one now ???:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts