Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when i bought my first mustang it had something on it that when you went to start it you had to first flash the bright headlights before it would start. once you had flashed them you had like a ten second interval to start the car or the process started over. does anyone know what that was called or know where i can get one. or how to make that switch do that.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Most car alarms have that option. Its simply a starter kill, and then you have to wire the disarm output to the headlights (or turn signal or whatever youd like). but most aftermarket alarms can be made to do this.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
icic can this be bought to where the car does have like a sounding alarm and all that cuz my old car didnt have any of that just simply the starter kill.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've never heard of this, but if you find it please send a link

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
its actually a rather simple mod. its sort of like adding a push button start. I dont know of any links for it but I used to have a wait to start diesel (for remote start it warms up the glow plug before starting the car) timer and used that for awhile. wired it up to headlight switch (tied in but seperated by a relay).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ic ic well i wish i could find it i really liked having plus its fun to mess with ppl when they ask to drive and then cant start the car haha:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
780 Posts
ok so when i bought my first mustang it had something on it that when you went to start it you had to first flash the bright headlights before it would start. once you had flashed them you had like a ten second interval to start the car or the process started over. does anyone know what that was called or know where i can get one. or how to make that switch do that.

something like this?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no it didnt make any noise at all there was no extra or different key fob it was only the pull back on the brights before it would start but thanks for trying.

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
it would be extremely easy to wire an alarm so that the high beam have to be on to enable start. all you'd need is a relay. i'm not sure about the ten second window that it creates with that specific alarm. i've installed hundreds of DEI security systems and never saw that. not saying that they didn't have that option. but i never read up on it and never hooked one up that way. but i have installed a few where the headlights, brakes lights, or some other electronic device in the car must be on to enable start. many with just a hidden momentary switch that must be held while the key is turned too. that's a good starter kill option as well. and again, all you need is a momentary switch and a relay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts