Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so speeds 50 and beyond my whole car vibrates like a bitch and my steering wheel shakes :0 the shifter goes crazy and it feels like my damn engine is gonna fall out while I'm goin down the highway! WTF is wrong with my car??? I was goin down the highway and I went from 0-60 then shifted to 5th at 60mph then got up to 90 and the car vibrated pretty bad. It got worse the faster I went and I can feel it in the seat! It's like a ****in mesage chair ... Help :-/

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not at all. I've let go of the wheel before, to c if the front end is aligned, and it stays straight so I'm assuming that's not the prob? Idk... Like it's fine up to 50 but then it feels like ur driving some 30 year old car... Somethin is ****ed

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Not at all. I've let go of the wheel before, to c if the front end is aligned, and it stays straight so I'm assuming that's not the prob? Idk... Like it's fine up to 50 but then it feels like ur driving some 30 year old car... Somethin is ****ed
Start with the basics. Check your tire pressures, balance, etc. Check your alignment. Check your driveline.

·
Registered
968 Posts
ya check balancing, check the tie rod ends ball joints bushings that type of thing. I have a lifted cherokee with deathwobble right now I know exactly whats your talking about.

·
Registered
291 Posts
^check all of that, then move on and check out your wheel bearings. i had a car come in to work the other day that had the EXACT same problem, it got EXTREMLY bad any time you would motion the steering wheel to the left. the vibrations start at about 35mph. it turned out being the LEFT FRONT wheel bearing was bad

·
Registered
291 Posts
hahah, wow that reminds me of a funny story....back in highschool i had a buddy tryed to SERIOUSLYYYY tell me that his truck was running rough because his sparkplugs were fouling out really bad.............it was a cummins dodge

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Check the bolts to the drive shaft first... Then get your rims balanced.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guysi appreaciate all the advice!
Is it necessary tho to get my rims balenced cuz they r stock...?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Every rim/tire needs to be balanced whether it is stock or not.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wl wat I'm sayin is wouldn't they balence it from the factory??
Orrr do they unbalence themselves overtime?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Wl wat I'm sayin is wouldn't they balence it from the factory??
Orrr do they unbalence themselves overtime?
Yes they are balanced from the factory, Yes they loose weights and need to be rebalanced from time to time. They also need to be rebalanced every time the tires are changed.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All this **** sounds expensive to fix :(

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Not really. A rotate and balance usually costs around $75.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
I had the exact same problem once. Took it to a mechanic and he told it was a bad wheel bearing. So I took it home to inspect it further and figured out my driver front wheel was loose. problem solved.

If that isent it, get the front wheels rebalanced. Shouldnt cost you more than 30 dollars.

Start with the simple stuff!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts