Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a question, sometimes when i'm driving say in 4th gear around 1500 rpm and under AND in 5th gear around the same revs except sometimes more in 5th gear, the car seems to be shattering if you will? it kinda has this shattering noise to it when I get on the gas, could this be because my clutch needs adjusted? Or what could cause something like this to happen?

Little note: I tought myself how to drive this car (manual 5 spd) back in may, which is why i'm thinking my clutch either needs adjusted or replaced. But is their anything else in the drive line that can cause a car to shatter back and fourth like this?

It only seems to do it in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears when i'm not pulling so many revs, I just can't seem to figure out why else it would do this.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
What is a shattering noise? Glass shatters. Are you hearing a glass shattering noise?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Think he's trying to say it "shutters". aka trucking. Mine does this too when I dog the rpms. In my case and probably his as well it's just drivetrain slop. Mine got better after the rear was rebuilt.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure it is not an engine miss? causing the car to jerk and /or causing the drivetrain to rattle?. what rpm do you hear/feel this
It kind of is a jerking/drivetrain rattle. But I took my tune off my car this past sunday drove it around a little bit and no check engine codes came up. On the other hand, when I had the 93 race tune off, it didnt jerk or bang around at all. So i'm wondering if somehow the tune could cause this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts