Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car Show Prep (updated PICS)

Ok so i am goingto a small car show in amarillo TX. It 5hrs away so inplan on doing as good of a detail as i can here then driving there.then retouching up everything. What can i do to make it easier i have a few select products.

ICE polish
Meguires claybar
ICE liquid clay
Nxt gen tech wax 2.0
Implan on buying surf city spray detailer for when i get there. Kinda on a budget so any help would be appreciated. My car is in good shape too.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
With what you have here is what I would do. Wash the car with Dawn. Claybar using the Meg's Claybar. I would then use your Megs NXT 2 wax.

I have never tried the ICE products so I can not comment on them. Although reading the Turtle Wax site, it seems to be that the polish is more like a mild cleaner wax. Personally, I would just stick with the Megs.

Surf City makes some decent products, and I am sure they will be fine for the Quick Detail the day of. However, after a 5 hour drive you might want to hit a self serve car wash and use the pressure washer to rinse the car before using the quick detailer. That way you will get all the bugs and dirt off the paint before wiping on it.

Another good quick detailer to look in to is the Mothers Showtime. You could also consider using Mothers Spray Wax instead of the Quick Detailers since the car will be clean(er) from the pressure washer. You can also use it on your wheels once you get there to clean off the brake dust.

Do you want any other over the counter recommendations for tire shine and other products?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes please the more suggestipns the better. I have black magic ti tire gel collects way to much dust

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
The Turtle Wax ICE polish is actually a pretty decent filler. If your paint has minimal swirling, it will cover them up pretty well. I actually use it sometimes and cover it up with Autoglym HD.

Like MP said, wash with dawn, then clay bar the car. Then follow up with the ICE Polish, then the tech wax.

Remove bugs with a quik detailer or with a pressure washer if available. Then perhaps do some touch up with a quick wax. I'm not a big fan of the surf city line of products. If you can find it, stick with Meguiars or Mothers.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Yes please the more suggestipns the better. I have black magic ti tire gel collects way to much dust
Do you like a satin tire or a shiny tire? If you like something with a nice gloss, Mothers Back To Black Tire Shine is nice. It does not sling and depending on how you apply it, you can make it shinier or more satin.

The Turtle Wax ICE polish is actually a pretty decent filler. If your paint has minimal swirling, it will cover them up pretty well. I actually use it sometimes and cover it up with Autoglym HD.

Like MP said, wash with dawn, then clay bar the car. Then follow up with the ICE Polish, then the tech wax.

Remove bugs with a quik detailer or with a pressure washer if available. Then perhaps do some touch up with a quick wax. I'm not a big fan of the surf city line of products. If you can find it, stick with Meguiars or Mothers.
Great! Someone with experience on ICE!

OP, seeing as this has a good filling property, it would be perfect to do as said above.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Great! Someone with experience on ICE!

OP, seeing as this has a good filling property, it would be perfect to do as said above.
Yeah I've actually used it a few times. It does a pretty good job of adding a decent level of gloss to the paint (For something thats OTC and is easy as pie to apply.)

Only problem with it, is that after the first rain or wash, it goes away. So you HAVE to cover it up with a good coat of an LSP in order to make the effects last more than a few days.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet guys thanks if you have more tips please share

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you rep someone cause i want to rep you guys

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
How do you rep someone cause i want to rep you guys
Always willing to help. If you go through the sticky threads at the top of this subforum you will find TONS of links to extremely helpful posts and reviews of products. Check them out!!!

As for rep, look under the username. You will see the scales. Click on the scales and fill in the template!

Reactions: Blank

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reps

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I don't like to use Dawn.. It's far too high of a base and can cause havoc on weather stripping, plastics, and seals. I used to recommend it as well until I found this out by someone with far more knowledge than myself. They recommended a citrus wash or just a IPA wipe down. I've used Turtle Wax ICE and not impressed. Are you interested in ordering anything online? I could recommend some great products.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
When is the show depending on the day I might be able to help you out. Why dont you stop by in El Paso before your show and I will help you get your ride ready for it. Your only about 1 hour or less away from meI was just in Ruidoso about 2 weeks ago and it took me like 45 to 50 minutes to get back home from Alamogordo. Just bring some cash for a few products that we can buy locally and I will help you out on the rest man. We can wash and prep your ride at my place just let me know the day.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I don't like to use Dawn.. It's far too high of a base and can cause havoc on weather stripping, plastics, and seals. I used to recommend it as well until I found this out by someone with far more knowledge than myself. They recommended a citrus wash or just a IPA wipe down. I've used Turtle Wax ICE and not impressed. Are you interested in ordering anything online? I could recommend some great products.
Now see, I used to think like your friend. That was until someone with much more knowledge then me told me different. AYE!!!! So hard to tell what is the truth when it comes to it.

When is the show depending on the day I might be able to help you out. Why dont you stop by in El Paso before your show and I will help you get your ride ready for it. Your only about 1 hour or less away from meI was just in Ruidoso about 2 weeks ago and it took me like 45 to 50 minutes to get back home from Alamogordo. Just bring some cash for a few products that we can buy locally and I will help you out on the rest man. We can wash and prep your ride at my place just let me know the day.
That is very cool of you.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I probably wont be able to order anything online nasty but thanks and danny idk if I can go EP this weekend. My wife will be at work and I got the kiddos. I think I will just wash then a few cotas of meg 2.0 then maybe some surf city polish should be good. When I get there I willrinse at a car wash then spay wax. Once I get to amarillo I will have to wipe back down and re spray wax. Does that sound good.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I probably wont be able to order anything online nasty but thanks and danny idk if I can go EP this weekend. My wife will be at work and I got the kiddos. I think I will just wash then a few cotas of meg 2.0 then maybe some surf city polish should be good. When I get there I willrinse at a car wash then spay wax. Once I get to amarillo I will have to wipe back down and re spray wax. Does that sound good.
Polish should be done BEFORE the waxing.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool guys thanks i will definatley do that mp

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Now see, I used to think like your friend. That was until someone with much more knowledge then me told me different. AYE!!!! So hard to tell what is the truth when it comes to it.
It makes sense to me... They use the damn stuff to clean up oil spills.. So you can imagine what it's going to do to rubber since it's going to be pulling the oils out of them and drying them out.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Well let me know if you change your mind man

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Dont mess with ICE...I have used it...Not only does it not last long but I have seen it cook the weather stripping in the sun...So just imagine what it does to the paint...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts