Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go to turn the key into the ignition it cranks for like .3-4 seconds longer than.. a fast starting car. When you prime the fuel pump 2 or 3 turns into the on slot (try and follow that im horrible at wording) it starts like normal. What can my buddy get (2004 mustang) to fix it

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
a higher amp battery and i think alternators can cause bad starting issues to
does he have a system?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
wait what? clean your injectors first off if it is fuel related

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
so it just takes a little bit to turn over?

·
Registered
300 Posts
a slight bit
Clean everything >.<
Get new hoses for everything
New spark plugs
New CAI
Hell while your at it.. rebuild the entire motor.

Problem solved =]

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
my car used to be that way... it doesn't do that any more, since then i have cleaned the fuel system, replaced the battery... so yea

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
my car used to be that way... it doesn't do that any more, since then i have cleaned the fuel system, replaced the battery... so yea
i was half right

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
1badstang, i gots the same problem.......

its a combo of things for me.

1. battery
2. orginal wires
3. fuel pump is on her last leg.....
4. too much stereo

I can ussually get around things by starting the car once a day atleast and letting her idle for a few minutes. I did a "quick" tune up by cleaning my wires and what not when i did my intake and that seemed to help. When i changed the battery problem was solved for a bit, but because of winter and the car sitting for weeks at a time that solution didn't last long.

as for putting in 900rms watts.........get a capaciter :lol my system is the biggest cause to my hard start up.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
fuel injector cleaner is all you need

·
Registered
117 Posts
A bad crank or cam sensor will cause it to delay starting for a few seconds longer. Are you showing any codes?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts