Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my wheels rebalanced and it still shakes really bad at highway speeds but im thinking now maybe my brakes are hung up theres always tons of brake dust it feels like it should take alot less effort to get moving and sometimes when im just idling with my foot off the brake they screech like the pads are shot so could that be possible

·
Registered
398 Posts
check the pads and if they are low replace them. when u do the brakes get a shop to turn the rotors. if the steering wheel is shaking and/or the pedal is pulsating then the rotors are warped.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
couldnt i just check that without replacing them at first

·
Registered
398 Posts
take ur fingers and feel the front and back of the rotors. if the rotors have ne grooves on the surface they need to be turned. rotors should be turned every time to change the pads to ensure that the pads have a true surface to rub against. unless u have cross drilled or slotted rotors. i dont think they can be turned

worn vs turned

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whatd you mean turned though Ive never heard that and dont get the difference

·
Registered
398 Posts
turning the rotors means resurfacing them like a flywheel. u cut the rotor down till it is all smooth again.

but first off how is the car vibrating? when does it do it? how often? it shakes on the highway isnt alot to go on for us.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like the whole car shakes from 60+ the steering wheel i can look over and see the pass seat move more like a vibration thought thats why i thought it could be a wheel off balance but it wasnt and has done it with both sets of wheels on the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts