Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iight my car is still sick . put a frps to clear cel code . but its doing the same thing that it use to do right after i added a s/c and got it dyno tuned . i can run up rpm to 3k and it will slighty studdering then start studdering harder almost sounds like a 2 step but off rhythm . ok i can put it in 1st 2nd 3rd and run it to 3k and above and it will studder also and if i punch it willnt studder. but it will die if i run the rpm up high then put it in neutral . i mean its quick to die . i am ready to burn it and run it off a cliff . :mad:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if you want to know my mods and what my tuner is set like global timing and stuff if you think it might help let me know . no cel is on

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Bring it back to whomever tuned it...

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Check the plugs, coils, and oxygen sensors.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Definately sounds like its misfiring.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
draw threw maf stock coils 88000 mile on engine maybe 1000 miles on the ngk tr-6s gapped at 35

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
draw threw and intercooled? but i bet your having some maf issues. there are a few things that come to mind about this sudded miss fire that came after the dyno tune. one is the position of the maf me be set where incoming air could be blowing threw the filter causing a rich condition. another issue could be washing the car or driving during the rain causes the same problems. last thing i could think of is the bypass valve is located to close to the maf back washing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
iight my car is still sick . put a frps to clear cel code . but its doing the same thing that it use to do right after i added a s/c and got it dyno tuned . i can run up rpm to 3k and it will slighty studdering then start studdering harder almost sounds like a 2 step but off rhythm . ok i can put it in 1st 2nd 3rd and run it to 3k and above and it will studder also and if i punch it willnt studder. but it will die if i run the rpm up high then put it in neutral . i mean its quick to die . i am ready to burn it and run it off a cliff . :mad:
my buddy has a 05 gt with a v2 it was like poping something fierce i though immediatly fuel or problems with maf it ended up being a vacum hose off get the starting fluid out spray around motor and see try clean maf if nothing go to the tuner

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it has ford racing 42 lbs injectors green top lol . vortech power cooler trunk mount. by-pass valve aint even close to maf . havent cleaned the sct 2400 maf was used so might be a problem cuz it was having porblems on dyno kept throwing maf code and stopped but the coil on plug boots havent been replaced since i got it 4 got i guess i could say . gonna get a iac spacer too and clean the iac . im betting on maf and ignition problems but any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dont think its fuel related cuz it will haul ass on upper end and adding something it always had a slight miss when it was stock but not as bad as it is now and havent washed the engine ever i bet its a series of problems causing it. probaly cop boots sparking in the heads

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
if it was there when it was stock and is now amplified i'll be willing to put money on that it's 1 or more faulty COPs. i put summit racing ones in and they work like a charm. OEM motorcraft are your best option but they tend to be wayy overpriced. i know people are going to flame me for this one, but i know a guy who uses accels to replace his stockers when they go out and he hasn't had any problems. accels are dirt cheap too.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Did you have a coolant leak recently?

Check for water or other liquids in your spark plug holes.
Also it sounds like an ignition issue. Most likely the coils

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
by the way its in the shop . and the fuel pressure was the first thing he checked and he said it was great and he said tuesday he will call me after he tunes it again and datalogs it and checks everything but he is slow as a turte i hate i had to take it to him

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
about what should the global timiing and the other timings be set at for 91 octane just wondering

1 - 20 of 25 Posts