Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was taking the rear window tint off my car.

First, I turned on the car and let it run for a little while, while the sun and defrosters baked the rear window tint.

The car started up fine and everything as usual.

I then turned off the car and started to peel the tint off, but while I was at it I turned the rear defrosters on while the car was off so I can have more heat as I peeled the tint off.

Halfway through peeling the tint off I decided to turn on the car, but when I went to turn it on all I heard was click click click and errrrrr like it was jammed or something.

I'm going to get a clip of it in a second.

Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your battery is dead from having the rear defroster on. Either charge your battery or jump it from another vehicle.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your battery is dead from having the rear defroster on. Either charge your battery or jump it from another vehicle.
I don't think it is my battery because wouldn't that mean the lights would'nt work and the dash wouldn't light up etc.

I have two batteries, one in garage and one in the car, I tried switching them and nothing changed.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
Battery for sure, it might have enough juice to run lights and radio, but not enough to turn it over...just jump it off and drive around for a while.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
the lights will come on sure; they don't draw much current. However, your starter is a little more demanding...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I found out it was the red battery terminal, it was completely corroded like a blown up piece of blue cotton candy.

I cleaned it as much as I could and stuck it back on then started the car with no problem.

Guess I'll be replacing a battery terminal.

Thanks for all the help...took me right to the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts