Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do people hook on radials? Car is a 88 coupe with a wild built 351. 8.8 rear 4.56 gears adj tube uppers tube lowers with wolf anti-roll bar strange adj shocks with 4 cyl springs. 275/60/15 MT Drag Radials. My best pass was a [email protected] mph with a 1.64 60 foot time spinning.Dont know what to do. I have messed with tire pressure and it likes 22 pis best. It will go faster if I can make it hook please help!

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
How long of a burn out did you do and have you tried airing it down to around 15 psi or so?

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
I've never seen those tires like that much psi. Somewhere around 12-14 is where they really like to be, in most cases.

How are you launching the car? Is it a stick, or auto?

If you're trapping 127, then you're probably in the mid 400 rwhp range, so you have to keep in mind that this tire is a radial tire. It's not a wrinkle wall slick, and it will never hook like a slick, behind decent horsepower.

·
902 Posts
should try a ET street with 12-14psi

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
a 1.6 is hooking on drag radials fool just buy some new 10.5" slicks and shoot for 1.4s

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Your should dop the psi down a bit more and you could prolly gain .2-.5 off the reaction time. But thats just a sticky street tire. Which radial are you on? The stickest radial to me is the bfgoodrichs. But like 93 said u wanna hook go get slicks then hold on. lol

·