Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,any idea what can cause this?I did replace my old beat up K&N air filter with different kind hi flow filter and I change the set up with shorter pipe,now my car wont idle WTF????:mad:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is it like where you start the car and it immediately bogs down and dies? Does it run if you keep your foot on the gas a tad? If thats how its behaving, try cleaning the IAC, did it for my little brothers mustang and after a few days it was running just fine again.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already clean that I clean the MAF to, still wont idle,the way she runs is when you start it rpm goes up and hang there for some time than drop down to like 300 than jump up and so on and than stall....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
A loose CAI filter could cause it. Happened to me last week, cleaned it put it back on, car would not idle steady at all, opened hood and the filter was not clamped on correctly.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A loose CAI filter could cause it. Happened to me last week, cleaned it put it back on, car would not idle steady at all, opened hood and the filter was not clamped on correctly.
interesting, the new filter that I buy have slightly bigger opening for the pipe from the cold air intake that I got,maybe I need to make it to seal better,?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
In my experience if its not air tight it's not right. A couple turns of the clamp made a world of difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts