Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to the track last night. It ran fine for most of the night, until towards the end. On my last couple runs, I couldnt put it in 3rd gear. On the way home, I find out I cant put it in 4th either. Earlier today I drove the car around the block to see if anything changed. I still cant put it in 3rd. 4th gear only seems to work randomly now.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as how to fix this?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yep, probably a bent shift fork.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
pretty common. time for a trans/rebuild.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
It's pretty common in the T-45 tranny. But usally its the 1st/2nd gear shiftfork that goes first.

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Is it grinding, or just won't go in? If its grinding then its your synchros and/or bent shift fork. If its not grinding then its probably just a bent shift work, which either way its going to require a rebuild.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
That happend to me. I was driving on the street, I downshifted into 3rd and it wouldnt go in. Felt like neutral. Then the next day 4th gear went to. It was a bent Fork. I had a warrantee and got a brand new rebuilt 3650.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
**** fork is cracked and is probably in 2 pieces. I have been thru 4 of them, cracked one after 4 passes and just put the tranny in the day before lol.

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
+1 that avi is amazing lmfao.

on track tho, sounds like the shift fork, i've personally never bent or broke one luckily. have read quite abit about that happening at the track tho.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah deff a shift fork. Had that happen to me on a brand new tranny going into 3rd. Felt like nothing was there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
asjd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts