Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when i started my car i would start then die right away but then today it started everytime and i drove it a mile or 2 and it was fine but now tonight when i tried to move the car it wont even let me shift out of park(my foot was on the brake)...any ideas as to what might be wrong with it?? :dunno

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
well since you said park instead of first i assume it's an auto.

do NOT get a hammer on it!..lol

Remove the plastic shifter bezel. It will look like it's about to break and then the clips will let go and it will come loose.

Unbolt the shifter base and unhook the cable.

by doing this it will come out of park but you will also be able to move it while the car has no key in it.

kind of a quick fix until you can really fix it.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he thinks he figured it out...he thinks the shift-lock is broken so he has to get a new shift-lock to put in not too hard of a fix....THANKS for your help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not really...but if something really bad happens to it its not a big deal b/c it was a FREE car my dads friend gave it to me b/c he didn't know what was wrong with it b/c it wouldn't go over 40 mph and my dad looked at it and all he had to do was replace a melted vacuum hose and it ran fine until the other day but it is ok i can still drive it for now and thats all that matters to me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts