Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my plenum and P.P 70mm throttle body today and now my car won't start. She turns over and revs a little high then just dies. If I give it gas it will stay on but as soon as I quit it dies. From everything I read the cars should idle rough for ten mins, or so until the computer readjusts for the added air. The only thing I could think of is a vacuum leak but I have no other idea. Anybody ever have anything like this going on? Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Check the little red and black hose on the back and make sure its hooked up

Make sure you plugged the IAC valve in

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went back out and found the problem. The two red hoses that come together and plug into the plenum on the front just behind the throttle body they are plugged in but the other end of one of them isn't hooked to anything and I couldn't find a place high or low that it hooked to nor do I remember un-hooking it. Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
218 Posts
pic?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i went back out today and can't find where it goes anywhere some ole start it up and it dies even when I plug (maybe it's a vacuum?) so I read somewhere to disconnect the battery so the computer will restart itself, I did that and now the car will not start at all. I am at a complete loss. I will be uploading pics momentarily if anybody has any ideas throw em out. I need my car running haha

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
If i remember correctly

One goes to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail.
One goes to the EGR
One goes to the hvac system that goes into the firewall on the passenger side

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I'm hooked up tot he fuel pressure reg and the egr but I'm not sure I'm hooked to the hvac...you wouldn't by any chance have a pic of that would you? Thanks shark.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Errr um well my car is a tad different.

Look on the passenger side of the firewall.

Youll see a black vacum line its going to have a white vacum fitting on it (its plastic)
It should be right by the valve cover cause mine always chilled there...but it may be behind the intake.

·
Registered
164 Posts
From your links it looks a lot like the fuel pressure regulator line, same position and routing on my car, the 98s are a bit different but it looks very similar

·
Registered
470 Posts
check the hoses on your intake aswell, when i installed my cold air intake one of the hoses was to short and came off after i pulled a hard left at 40 mph. The car ran but whenever i pulled out of gear in neutral it would die bcuz it was sucking in air behind the MAF and IAC sensors where the hose poped off. I dunno if your intake is stock or aftermarket but its worth a check and if have checked the intake already a double check is still worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
look on passenger side at the end of the valve cover closest to the fire wall. there is a port there by were the heater core hoses go in. its under a metel cover that covers the fuel lines going to the fuel rail. it will be facing you. The metal cover has a slit cut in it.........

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Preciate all the help fellas. I had to put the stock one back on for now cause I was in a bind for school and work. Hopefully I'll have some free-time here before long to get back out and give it another shot. I'm sure I'm missing something small and stupid but ya know how it goes.I've got to get my p.i swap done sometime soon too, Boone winter will be here before ya know it and the car will be back home sitting in the garage!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts