Modded Mustang Forums banner

Car wont start after taking nitrous off.

3K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  Joshuaallegrezza 
#1 ·
So I sold my nitrous kit today and after I took it off I tryed starting the car but it wouldn't crank. Its like its not getting fuel but the fuel pump primes up so I four that's it. Anybody have any thoughts?

#31 ·
Yes checked vacuum lines also.

#32 ·
So just to get a checklist going...

1. Can hear the fuel pump coming on. Check.

2. Vacuum Lines are secure. Check.

3. Fuel lines have pressure. Check.

4. Starter clicks when trying to start but doesn't fire the engine. Check.

Try pulling the first spark plug and coil on the first plug on the left side.

Oh... and don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask... You are remembering to push the clutch in right?

#33 ·
Pulled the spark plugs already still nothing and yes the clutch touches the floor each time

#35 ·
i hear the usual fuel pump priming and starter clicking....am i suppose to keep that plug out when i try to start it? Driver side or passenger side?

#38 ·
Ugh dont fill like crawling back under that car. the start is fine lol i just put it in like last month.

Was it a plate or nozzle system? Im sure you didnt over look this but if it was a fogger did you plug the hole back up in the intake tube where the nozzle went?
it was a nozzle and i put some electric tape over the hole:D for the time being. the car would still start tho. just maybe idle a little funny but still start.

#39 ·
is there anything in the back i would wanna check? only other thing i did was change the passenger side rear brakes.

#42 ·
yea the starter is turning the engine

#44 ·
i let it sit off the battery for like 30mins and reconnected it and it still wont start. but ill do it again for a few hours.

#45 ·
just reconnected the battery and still nothing. this is bullshit. damn car is just addicted to nitrous.

#48 · (Edited)
yes its turning its not the starter. gotta get the heavy ass car up a hill first but we tryed to push start it...epic fail.

where did you ground the nitrous system?
i grounded the system on one of the fender bolts or one of those bolts on the side....come to think of it i didnt that the ground wire off that bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.