Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be in the wrong section, as IDK which mine falls under in the new forum.
2003 stock, coupe, nothing fancy.

Sat for 8mo unused.
All wires that I can reach or see look fine/not rat chewed.
Bought a new battery & installed it.
Turned key, car fully started up for a whopping 6-7 seconds, then died completely. Engine shut off, all power shut off.
Turned key to off and tried again, it won't start. It tries, but never gets there. Lights work, engine doesn't.

Can someone please tell me what all might be wrong with it?
What can I replace to try and get it going?

I need to sell this car, but if I have to have it flatbed hauled to a mechanic to figure it out, then I'm having it hauled to a scrap yard. Simply not worth the money when I will get under 2k for it, if not less than 1k. =(

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This might be in the wrong section, as IDK which mine falls under in the new forum.

Sat for 8mo unused.
Turned key, car fully started up for a whopping 6-7 seconds, then died completely. Engine shut off, all power shut off.
Turned key to off and tried again, it won't start. It tries, but never gets there. Lights work, engine doesn't.

I need to sell this car, but if I have to have it flatbed hauled to a mechanic to figure it out, then I'm having it hauled to a scrap yard. Simply not worth the money when I will get under 2k for it, if not less than 1k. =(

Drain gas tank replace with new gas bad gas bet ya on it

·
Registered
1 Posts

Sat for 8mo unused.

If your vehicle won't start, it's usually caused by a dying or dead battery, loose or corroded connection cables, a bad alternator or an issue with the starter. It can be hard to determine if you're dealing with a battery or an alternator problem

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just needed fresh gas. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Thanks all!

Now to hope I find a buyer for it asap!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts