Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 86' GT... it will turn over and its getting park, and fuel... but it wont start... the only way I can get it to start is to ground out on of the injectors and it will start right up and just run really rich and of course on 7 cylinders.... does any one have any idea what it may be??? thanks for the help and advise..

·
Registered
423 Posts
check your vaccume

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how would i go about that? a mech told me it was the ecm (a little computer box in the passeger side kick panel) well i replaced that and it started right up and i drove it for like 3-5 days then it just wouldnt start agian... but anyways yea... how would i check the vacuum?

·
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show
905 Posts
how would i go about that? a mech told me it was the ecm (a little computer box in the passeger side kick panel) well i replaced that and it started right up and i drove it for like 3-5 days then it just wouldnt start agian... but anyways yea... how would i check the vacuum?
Common leak paths include the carburetor and throttle body gaskets, carburetor insulator spacers, intake manifold gaskets, and of course, any of the engine's vacuum fittings, hoses and accessories. It is even possible that leaky O-rings around the fuel injectors are allowing air to leak past the seals. Another overlooked item can be a worn throttle shaft

Perhaps the easiest way to determine if an engine has a vacuum leak is to cup your hand over the choke housing while the engine is idling. This artificial choke will create a richer mixture. If the idle speed increases with the richer mixture, there is a vacuum leak lurking about.

·
Registered
569 Posts
wow, i just had this same exact problem as you did you replace the eec relay? also check your power circuit and coil circuit...for the power use your fuel pump relay under the drivers seat and check the pins i think all butone should have close to 12v and for the coil stick it on the two wires that clip to your coil.also should be close to 12... now this will tell you if there is too much current going to your computer and relay ... the relay is right above the computer btw...also does it only not start when its warm? or does it not matter?

·
Registered
569 Posts
def. of choke housing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts