Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now an then when i got to slow down at a stop sign or red light my car will shut off i just crank it right back up an it runs fine but its getting pretty annoying if anyone has an opinions on what they think it could be it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Could be an air leak, check the hoses on your intake and throttle body/plenum if one of the hoses that sit behind the IAC (Idle Air Control) and MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensors is loose or off then the car is sucking in air from there and it will shut off cuz the sensors arent reading enough air, this happened to me one day after i put on my cold air intake a hose popped off and the car would run when i had it in gear but when i dropped into neutral at the lights it just shut off cuz one of my hoses popped off since it was 2 short. I just went to napa and got a new one which wasnt a direct replacement but i just brought the old short hose in there and they brought out something similar looking but longer which i had to cut to make it fit right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts