154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Redfire Cobra 500 hp - $20,000
2003 Redfire Cobra
22,500 miles

504hp 535tq

Mods -
Ported & Polished Steigmeir Blower
Billet Flow Upper Pullie (Interchangeable)
Billet Flow 4 Pc Idlers
Metco 4lb Lower Pulley (Interchangeable)
K&N FIPK
SCT 2400 Mass Air
KB Boost A Pump
SD 60lb Injectors
Centerforce DFX Clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
26 Spline Input Shaft
MGW Shifter
Borla Stinger Exhaust
Mac Pro Chamber Mid Pipe
Billet Flow IRS Brace
SCT Xcal II Hand Held Tuner
RWTD Custom Dyno Tune

The car has a tick.....don't know why... but it hasn't been wot since..runs and idles fine just has the annoying tick. Never raced since the tick....

seller stated the tick is positively coming from the trnay . . . any ideas guys and wut it would cost to fix

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
holy **** dude, just post the cars in the same thread, theres no reason to make a new thread every time you find a different car.

tell us your price range, what you want, and ill tell you what you can expect to get, and find you one.

·
Registered
599 Posts
holy **** dude, just post the cars in the same thread, theres no reason to make a new thread every time you find a different car.

tell us your price range, what you want, and ill tell you what you can expect to get, and find you one.

+1

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats where i seen this car the guy notes later on in the thread that he has looked over the car and it is definitely the trany or fly wheel

·
Registered
663 Posts
If that's a transmission tell him he needs to fix the motor inside of his transmission... :rolleyes:

That is coming from the motor. Tell him you know that the headlight doesn't take blinker fluid and have a nice day.

There are plenty of both beautiful and beautifully priced Mustangs all over the nation. Look around and don't hop on one.

If you have to question the car don't buy it.

You'll know the car when you see it.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
If that's a transmission tell him he needs to fix the motor inside of his transmission... :rolleyes:

That is coming from the motor. Tell him you know that the headlight doesn't take blinker fluid and have a nice day.

There are plenty of both beautiful and beautifully priced Mustangs all over the nation. Look around and don't hop on one.

If you have to question the car don't buy it.

You'll know the car when you see it.
+1 otherwise tell the seller to fix the tick and he's got himself a deal...

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Thats the damn 03 cobra head tick, is it not? Look for the blue mark on the head. Could be looking at replacing the heads to get rid of it, if that is what it is.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
+1, the 03s had a head tick and they were fixed in 04. Ford replaced the heads if the car was still under warranty. I'm not so sure if they will now. It might be worth checking on. If Ford says they'll replace it then I don't know why you shouldn't get it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
+1, the 03s had a head tick and they were fixed in 04. Ford replaced the heads if the car was still under warranty. I'm not so sure if they will now. It might be worth checking on. If Ford says they'll replace it then I don't know why you shouldn't get it.
It's out of warranty now, isn't it? Even if they would replace it for him they'd probably turn him down the minute they opened the hood and saw what was done inside. They'll try to claim anything possible to get out of fixing those.

Also, I have a 96 Cobra right now, but I always wanted an 03-04 in the future. I'm glad this thread came about, I now know I want an 04 only. :yes

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
They fixed the head mid way thru 03. If its an 03 just look for the blue mark on the head. If it doesn't have it and its not ticking, its fine. Just do the LDC Chicago cooling mod, and you are set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts