Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car has been in the body shop since i got hit. the body shop replaced the passenger door, side scoop, and rear quarter panel. today when i deposited the insurance check and went over to the shop with a blank check he said to go get $4,000 cash which i was happy because the check was for 4,200 something. so he gives me the keys to my car and i go to start it to run to the bank and it wont start. i depressed the clutch turned the key and all the gauges... miles, gas, battery etc lit up but it wouldnt let the engine try to start. he said they were having problems with it when ive never had any problems with it(04 with 19,000 miles). at first he said it was the alarm system then he said im lucky that the solenoid or starter stopped working when it was at the shop. when i know it has something to do with the work they did. (i was nice because hes friends with my dad). i told him id be back for it tomorrow and he said he would have it fixed. any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
since you go into an acccident, might be the inertia switch. did the car immediatly turn off when you crashed?

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i was driving it around for a week or so with no problems.

i even managed to pull off a 13.8 with the weigh reduction of no scoop on my right side which doubled as a new ram air inlet....jk

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
lol

well do you have another key you could check? it was running when you brought it in, it should be running when you get it back...make sure they dont try and milk some more $ out of you.

·
Registered
927 Posts
what about the switch in the trunk ;)

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh they wont if it doesnt work tomorrow meaning starting 10 out of 10 times. ill have it towed to a respectable mechanic and i will give them the bill for the parts, the labor, and the tow truck.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what switch in the trunk? or are you messing with me?

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where is it? exactly picture please

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
left side of your trunk, behing the taillight I believe... peel back the lining of the trunk

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
go on... push the big red button... you know you wanna... :D

·
Registered
927 Posts
its a safty switch . check your owners manual .

No joke.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
there are other things it could be though...

fuel pump relay
fuel pump fuse
PATS issue
flux capacitor
PCM issue
ignition issue

is it firing at all or just cranking? do you hear the fuel pump turn on? does the exhaust pipe smell like gas?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Maybe they were trying to beat your 13.8 and blew the motor. J/k, I wouldn't even worry about it if they are willing to have it fixed, which they should since you drove it in.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the engine just straight up isnt even trying to turn over. its like the battery is dead but no clicking...it clicks when i turn the key then makes no noise.... ill try that tomorrow thanks guys

1 - 20 of 36 Posts