Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not sure but occasionally when i shut my car off it will almost backfire through my carb..... does anyone know why it does that?? i think i noticed it mainly does it when its a hot day or shes running real warm...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm... so you fixed your timing and it went away?? or did you do some other things along side fixing the timing??

btw its a 351W stroked to a 408 maybe anyone else has any insight on common problems with these motors doing it with a holley double pump carb??

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah after we adjusted the timing it was fine. I had bought a pro billet distributor from msd and i had issues with it from day one. Ended up replacing the whole dizzy and no more issues. That was on my built 358sbc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm ill have to give it a shot when i get back from deployment it sucks i miss my baby so much !!!!!! i wanna put her on a dyno and give her a good tune!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I had a similar problem caused by a loose rocker arm. if adjusting the timing doesn't help, pull the valve covers and check the rockers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think my rockers are good i dont have any top end noise but i think its timing cause when i bought the car it was set up for racing they shaved the choke off the carb had huge jets in it and all kinds of crap so im guessing its a fuel and timing problem!

cool guys i appreciate the help!! ill prolly be askin some more!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm in the Army. I'm stationed at Fort Bragg in USASOC. I'm in a Stan but cant get any more specific then that really until I get back.

Your army right? Afghan?
awwww wtf ur sf huh hahaha i wanted to go sf but i ****ed my back up hahah yeah im in kabul stationed at fort carson

im jealous

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no **** how the hell did u get a hernia !!??!?! did u atleast pass selection? **** id be happy being support at least id have a 9 mil and an m4 instead of and m16 ha !

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hahah for a second i thought u were sayi ng my car was ugly i was about to be liek hey!! thats ****ed up

but htank you very much it needs a pant job tho the guy before me was a total ****ing moron

1 - 18 of 18 Posts