Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that it doesn't sound like my secondaries are opening all the way, so I put a paperclip on the secondary diaphragm rod and went and drove it. The paperclip only moved about half way down the rod, so I know they're only opening half way.

but anyways.....

I figured I'd check everything out while I was messing with it. I have a Holley Street Avenger, and I was checking the float levels, and noticed I couldn't see any fuel in the sight glass for the secondaries. I've turned the float adjustment nut counterclockwise probably 7-8 full revolutions now, and I'm still not getting fuel in the sight glass. When I turn the set screw on top of the nut, I get pressurized fuel coming out.

My question is, can I be getting fuel to the float adjustment, and still have a clog somewhere that would keep me from seeing fuel in the sight glass? I wouldn't think that would be possible. Do I just need to keep trying to adjust the float up, or is there a problem?

I know we have a few carb people on here that can help.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i have seen a stuck needle on the seat and wouldnt let gas to the bowl,but would let it spew out the top of the adjustment screw.

·