Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
motor runs strong and starts up fine when the starter doesnt heat up too bad, but cab of car stinks horrible of gas when i drive it...also i think it needs to be timed cause everytime i get on it hard i dont feel like its using all of its power it feels like theres more but it wont let it happen...can someone give me some advice on both issues...ive read that the strong fuel smell is the carb not being tuned right too much fuel not enough air but idk how to adjust it properly...any advice would be great since i am a newb too 302's and carburetors. thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
im assuming your expeirencing starter heat soak,most carb cars are stinky even when you get it dialed in you will more than likely smell a little fuel,whats your combination

·
Registered
718 Posts
your carb probably isn't tuned right and you probably have a hole in your firewall somewhere like a torn boot or missing grommets or something if you smell gas. my car was like that when i first got it, had to change the jets and the squirters and the boot around my steering shaft was gone i got a new one and it doesn't smell inside at all anymore

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
302 bored .40 over gt40 heads custom pistons 20/50 crank...i hope this info helps you guys to help me, thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts