Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This was actually our first year not being there. The way things are now days it just makes more sense for us not to go. It cost and takes a lot for us to set up the way we do down there and with our store hours being the way they are now it's a lot easier to have people travel the 40 minutes to come to us.
fair I guess. Are you guys open on the weekends?
I say that because for me to drive to you guys it would be like 3.5 hours. I liked you guys being at carlisle because I could check out what you had while at the show.

Granted I could just order off the website, but there is something nice about being able to actually physically see the products.

I was extra confused as the carlisle map showed you guys being in your usual spot, but I walked down there, and it was empty, lol

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Makes sense, any chance of you guys going next year?
Probably not. I believe we are officially done traveling to shows.

fair I guess. Are you guys open on the weekends?
I say that because for me to drive to you guys it would be like 3.5 hours. I liked you guys being at carlisle because I could check out what you had while at the show.

Granted I could just order off the website, but there is something nice about being able to actually physically see the products.

I was extra confused as the carlisle map showed you guys being in your usual spot, but I walked down there, and it was empty, lol
Yep.

Phone Hours:
Monday - Friday: Open 24 Hours a Day
Saturday - Sunday: 9am to 6pm ET

Showroom Hours:
Monday-Friday: 8am-6pm ET
Saturday: 9am-6pm ET

* CJ's will open at 8:00am on Monday and close at 11:00pm on Friday

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Congrats to all o the winners. Sorry to bump up an old thread, just wanted to get caught up. Did anyone get a bunch of pics? Or did anyone make it over to the SVT Contours? I placed 2nd in my class and had to tow the car out on Sunday because I blew a tire in the first group of autocross on my third run.

IMG_5137-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_5149 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_5179-1 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

IMG_5187 by Mark Hetrick, on Flickr

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

·
GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
8,813 Posts
Ouch. That sucks. I think I saw your car, but icwas just walking around up the hill. Didn't really stop and look at much. I spent more time with the am guys and stalking Slowsix more then anything :shiftyeyes

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Saw your car on saturday SVT, didn't happen to get any pics of it though.

I also saw you leaving autocross sunday morning when I was signing up, didn't see that you blew a tire out though. That kind of sucks.

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Yea, I was limping her over to my second of the show field to leave it so I could get my roll back at work so I could pick up the car. Stupid thing is too low to tow without removing the damn bumper lol! I have to say though, I had a blast.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
My car was too low for a tow truck before, I can't imagine now.
I might actually raise it up a bit.
I did another autox event last sunday and I ended up semi rolling my drivers side fender with my tire because it was scrubbing on hard right turns

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Are your fenders rolled and pulled? I had to do mine because they rubbed pretty bad, especially this year because I went with a wider wheel and an offset that put the wheels out more.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
This was actually our first year not being there. The way things are now days it just makes more sense for us not to go. It cost and takes a lot for us to set up the way we do down there and with our store hours being the way they are now it's a lot easier to have people travel the 40 minutes to come to us.
Wow. Did they consider the increased "visibility" factor from being at the show? Cost is cost I guess.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Wow. Did they consider the increased "visibility" factor from being at the show? Cost is cost I guess.
We've been doing this 30+ years I don't think they are worried about the increased visibility. We offer the best install video's on the market carry parts covering 50 years of mustangs and have doing shows for most of those years. Between free shipping and the easy of ordering online we don't bring as many orders to show as we use to so the huge tents and packed trucks full of parts is kind of fading like the paper catalog.

No worries though we still hold the annual cruise to Carlisle from CJ's so people still have the option to get parts or whatever we are looking for. Beside it gives the other guys a chance to do something without the fear of our huge display casting shadows over their "display". >:)

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
We've been doing this 30+ years I don't think they are worried about the increased visibility. We offer the best install video's on the market carry parts covering 50 years of mustangs and have doing shows for most of those years. Between free shipping and the easy of ordering online we don't bring as many orders to show as we use to so the huge tents and packed trucks full of parts is kind of fading like the paper catalog.

No worries though we still hold the annual cruise to Carlisle from CJ's so people still have the option to get parts or whatever we are looking for. Beside it gives the other guys a chance to do something without the fear of our huge display casting shadows over their "display". >:)
Shadow, lol. Plus it gives you and Bill the day to do something other than work!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts