Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good set of Caster Camber Plates for an inexpesive price? I dont want junk, but for it to accomplish the job and look decent! I have checked out american muscle and summit. Dont they all do about the same thing?

Are they hard to install?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Maximum Motorsports > everything else, its worth the extra $$ for the quality, and adjustability.
+1. i got the 4 bolt ones and paid something like $180 or 190 for them...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a stage 2 roush with the obvious springs, sway bars, and control arms and no C&C plates were installed by roush!!!!!!
I have no abnormal wear on the tires and it handles awesome so are C&C plates really needed?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bump
Has anyone seen a signifigant gain in tread wear, handling, track times or performance with the install of C&C plates? or is it just a gimmic to get us all to spend our hard earned $$$$'s for some polished alluminum?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Bump
Has anyone seen a signifigant gain in tread wear, handling, track times or performance with the install of C&C plates? or is it just a gimmic to get us all to spend our hard earned $$$$'s for some polished alluminum?
I was unable to align my car without them. I tried. There just wasn't enough camber adjustment available.

I bought mine from MAC. They are plain jane, but the work great. They're $160 but I got mine factory direct, so I payed quite a bit less.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a 2002 roush with the Roush suspension package as stated above and have had no adverse affects without any C&C plates and really don't think they are nessary for the average person, Roush had set it and everything seems to be fine without any C&C plates. others may have had different outcomes from their installs but my setup seems to be ok without any C&C plates instaled.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have a 2002 roush with the Roush suspension package as stated above and have had no adverse affects without any C&C plates and really don't think they are nessary for the average person, Roush had set it and everything seems to be fine without any C&C plates. others may have had different outcomes from their installs but my setup seems to be ok without any C&C plates instaled.
Do you know how many inches Roush lowered it? I have seen it both ways, some need it some don't, but with the 2" drop, I think everyone needs it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Do you know how many inches Roush lowered it? I have seen it both ways, some need it some don't, but with the 2" drop, I think everyone needs it.
No I'm not sure how much it is lowered (ROUSH springs)but it looks to me from the factory rivet points I have about half of the factory FORD adjustment still left, I;m not saying plates are not needed for some but I think a lot of people think they need them for any suspension mod they do but if roush did not see it fit on their modded car I wonder if it is really nedded on half the cars on the road , just throwing it out there . if my car was lowered and still can be aligned with out plates I am just suprised that others need them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If I were to use sportlines would I need the bumpsteer kit too or would cc plates be enough? I think the roush springs drop you less than 2" and that may be why you don't have any unusual wear.I think they say any more than 1.5 inch drop and you won't be able to line it up right.

·
Registered
748 Posts
correct any more than 1.5" drop and youd have to stratgrinding out strut mounts (lower or upper) which just causes problems in the futrue when aligning/replcing parts. c&C plates make it easier so that one wont have to grind/egg out strut holes. most lowered factory cars arent lowered more than 1.25" thus one car still keep them within/close to spec.

·
Registered
748 Posts
If I were to use sportlines would I need the bumpsteer kit too or would cc plates be enough? I think the roush springs drop you less than 2" and that may be why you don't have any unusual wear.I think they say any more than 1.5 inch drop and you won't be able to line it up right.
id say yess on the bumpsteer kit bc its lowered 1.5+". it will then keep the a-arm and the tie rod parallel, which is the goal and why one is told not to lower the car too much. also , told not to lower the car too much bc of limited suspension travel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts