Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to head to the track today to find out my 1/4 mile time however I dislocated my finger. Of all the days right. Anyway, does anyone have a good recommendation for a short shifter for my T-45?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
MGW is the board preference.

I have a Steeda Tri-ax, and given the opportunity, I would get just about anything else instead.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
I cannot powershift the MGW for anything... It does not self center like most people say it does... that 2nd to 3rd shift, I am always searching for the gear, instead of just sliding it into place like it was with my Pro 5.0. Maybe it was the way the position was on the shifter, but I thought it sucked... I could powershift with the stock shifter better than the MGW... The steeda is alright, but still not compairable to my Pro 5.0. I could really knock down the shifts with that thing...

I am a big fan of Pro 5.0 products... Gears and shifters...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i cant say that im an expert. BUT in my experience the pro 5.0 shifts oh so smooooth....

i would recommend it :yes

oh yea...... sux about your finger

·
Registered
437 Posts
:eek: :puke

:D

is it easier to shift into 3rd with the 5.0 shifter? because shifting into 3rd with the stock shifter is so awkward... the gear seems like its miles away from me...

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
:eek: :puke

:D

is it easier to shift into 3rd with the 5.0 shifter? because shifting into 3rd with the stock shifter is so awkward... the gear seems like its miles away from me...
Stock shifter on the T45 is horrible, you NEED to replace it. An aftermarket shifter is a reliability mod; there are no positive shift stops in a T45, so you need to have a shifter that has them else you run the risk of "overshifting", and blowing your transmission (usually from bending a shift fork). The centering springs are just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Stock shifter on the T45 is horrible, you NEED to replace it. An aftermarket shifter is a reliability mod; there are no positive shift stops in a T45, so you need to have a shifter that has them else you run the risk of "overshifting", and blowing your transmission (usually from bending a shift fork). The centering springs are just icing on the cake.
i want to get one, but im currently unemployed. :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sweet. Thanks for the input all. Yeah I had to drive the stang home from base after the inury so the wifey could take me to the ER and it hurt like hell to shift so I just dropped the top and let the exhaust note and some music help ease the pain.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn bro, that looks like it hurt a little.

It did, Its making it difficult to FatMat my stang today. Also installing some HID's in an 08 Tundra tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I have a steeda triax as well, and its not too bad now that its broken in, and mated with a different tranny.. before i couldn't hit anything with it, and now its not bad.. but i still liked the pro5.0 on the cars ive driven with it... it's what i'd get next time.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hmmm good info everyone. I have been thinking about a shifter for a while...and im thinkin the pro 5.0 seems to be the top choice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts