Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, recently bought a 02 procharged gt. The gt came with kooks L/T headers, pypes x-pipe and Magnaflow cat-back. This being my first supercharged mustang, i'm not quite sure of the exhaust note. It has a really ugly rasp at low rpms under light to moderate acceleration but a very nice tone at WOT and high rpms. My question is, is the rasp normal? Also I'm a die hard when it comes to Flowmasters (nothing sounds better to me), are there any guys or gals out there with supercharged gt's with Flows? A sound clip would be awsome! Thanks yall.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
it's a cheap fix. Buy u a couple flow mufflers and have them welded in!

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Even if you weld in flows with your current setup, you'll have raspyness. Do you currently have the regular magnaflows or magnapacks?

I say you get a o/r h pipe. That'll eliminate the raspy sound.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Replace the X pipe with an H and replace mufflers with Flowmasters then you're good. I'd go Super 44's. Resell the Magnaflow catback and buy the mufflers on Ebay to be cheap. Jeg's H pipe is good; however, I don't know if they sell an H for long tubes

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Replace the X pipe. I'm running BBK LTs/catted x-pipe with Magnaflow mufflers and have absolutely no raspy sound. I absolutely despised my Flowmaster cat-back and replaced it with Magnaflows.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Just like the others have said. Replace the xpipe with a hpipe.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Have any exhaust videos of your current setup OP?

I love the sound of Kooks, I cant wait to install mine.

Please dont put shitty flowmasters in. Thatll ruin the sound. Kooks longtubes and x pipe should not have any sort of chambered muffler. Like Flowmasters/Mac/Bassani. Stingers/magnaflow/SLP etc... sound much better.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Have any exhaust videos of your current setup OP?

I love the sound of Kooks, I cant wait to install mine.

Please dont put shitty flowmasters in. Thatll ruin the sound. Kooks longtubes and x pipe should not have any sort of chambered muffler. Like Flowmasters/Mac/Bassani. Stingers/magnaflow/SLP etc... sound much better.
Bassani is perforated when you look in it .. only you can't see straight through.. I guess making it a perforated chamber? Lol it also explains why it sounds so different than my friends macs and my other buddies stingers
To eliminate rasp you have 3 options

1. Add cats
2. O/R h pipe
3. O/R prochamber

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I dont think Bassani mufflers sound right with a x pipe. Sounds weird sometimes. I did hear it once in person with a catted X and sounded decent, but Idk. Not a huge fan of them with an X.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
x pipe and chambered mufflers sound like ass. It sucks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Like others have said the rasp is because of the x pipe.

I have FRPP Shorties, off road H, Super 44 catback, and a procharger p1-sc. I'll try to get a sound clip for you in the next few days.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
This is my favorite 2V exhaust setup, same as yours OP, Kooks, o/r X, and magnaflow catback

Im still debating on running LM2s with the Kooks LTs, because I want my car to ****ing screaaaammm. But thats pretty loud with just magnaflows

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
^ slp loudmouth 1 and prochamber. Done deal.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Also I'm a die hard when it comes to Flowmasters (nothing sounds better to me), are there any guys or gals out there with supercharged gt's with Flows? A sound clip would be awsome! Thanks yall.
Do you have cats on it? My setup is Mac catted X with pypes high flow cats and 10 series flows. If I didn't have cats between 2000-2500rpm it would have a raspy sound bc I had the o/r x and original 40s setup for quite a bit and between those rpms it was raspy. And I know it's pure opinion but I also like the sound of flows on certain vehicles. I have a short sound clip of mine. I wouldn't run my current setup without without cats. And if you (OP) like the sound of flows then that's what matters you can't buy a muffler that the next man or woman loves bc of their opinion and taste in mufflers. You already know what muffler and sound you are a die hard fan of as you have already stated!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
^ slp loudmouth 1 and prochamber. Done deal.
I ran an o/r Prochamber an LM1 catback for a while I did like it a lot. But nothing sounds better to me then Kooks and X pipe. I wouldnt do an H pipe or Prochamber with Kooks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for yalls input! The pro chamber has been suggested quite often. Interested in hearing one in person. my 2000 gt has a catted bassani x-pipe w/ deltas out back which has a lovely tone, so I guess i'll be experimenting with different mid-pipes for a while till i find one i love. thanks again for clearing up the rasp problem for me guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts