Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for purchase magnaflow cat-back system is it worth the money to buy the system or to just buy the mufflers and weld them on, and what series mufflers would be best for my 1991 gt

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
You could just weld them in. I personally don't like how magnaflows sound and I think they're overpriced. I like Mac and Spintech. Slp's are cool too

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I like the way magnaflows sound....seem to keep a deeper tone than most

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 36766. Also some of the forum sponsors selling magnaflow usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great cat, sounds great, and very easy to install.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
MAC pro dumps with long tube headers FTGDMFW! :rockon mine sounded sick, well it still does I just gonna finish putting together the 342 :D My 03 GT is getting most of the loving now sadly because the 86 is back home

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I avoid welding exhaust pieces when ever possible. Obviously for fabrication and speciality pieces you have no choice but for mufflers etc, you do have a choice. Every piece of exhaust I have ever had fail has been at or near a weld either from the factory or done after. The welding removes any protective coating in the area and does not have a protective coating itself and rusts through quickly.

Best price on Magnaflow I've seen is here, Magnaflow Performance | Discount Performance Auto Parts | Performance Exhaust Systems | Flowmaster Performance Mufflers
I got an Mgnaflow H pipe with cats from them.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
I'm thinking about welding my shitty pypes x-pipe... The 3 piece design pisses me off and it leaks a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts