Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
A catback will definetly give it a meaner sound. If you are just doing a catback, and have no plan on doing headers/midpipe in the future, I would look into SLPs or Magnapacks. However, those systems are going to run you 500+, you can look into MAC, which I have, it cost me around 300 and sounds awesome.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure what you have done to your car but headers should be your LAST concern. Its known as the worst bang for the buck. Your cat back would be ther first thing to get then the midpipe. I am def very happy with my Borla Stingers although they are not cheap. I run the Bassani catted X for a mid which together they sound wonderful. -Shane

·
Registered
94 Posts
in the long run i am getting headers so will my catback still kinda work or do i have to but a whole new system
You should be fine getting a catback now and getting headers later. They don't have to rip off your exhaust to install headers. Go on Youtube and just look up multiple systems like Hooker, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, SLP, etc. Pick which one you like and slap it on! :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
id wait to buy your midpipe until you get headers though because of the different sizes. with longtube headers you need a shorty midpipe.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
+1 on the MAC cat-back. I installed it las weekend. It's a little bit quiet, but a mid-pipe will wake it up. It was an easy install, took about 45min and fit perfect. No leaks, no problems.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
magnapcks sound the best in IMO. ive have quite a few different setups on my car including LMs, now i have the packs and i love the way it sounds! i also have shortys and a o/r xpipe, feel free to listen to my setup under my sig.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i vote for the Mac as well... I actually just dumped mine right past the muffler, and its awesome sounding... Does not drone at all even at highway speeds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts