Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
alright i know i've been asking alot of questions about other mods but like just trying to build some back up info on what i'm going to do over summer when i get a job/money.

Anyways my stang still doesn't have a Cat-back and i really like the way magnaflow sounds so i'm thinking about getting thisMagnaflow 'Magnapack' (94-98 GT and Cobra).
just want to know if any of you guys have this and like can tell me if it is easy to put together and if it sounds good on our stangs.

and will i have to do any cutting or welding or is it simply a bolt on application.

yes i'm going to change the mid pipe later on.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
its bolt on... i dont really like the magna packs personally but they are one of the best flowing i know that....simple bolt on dude...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
alright just wanted to make sure cause like i was lookin at the photos of them and i wasn't sure if they had to be welded or if they where bolted on it was kinda hard to tell.
thanks for tell me tho :)

ya i just like the magnaflow cause of the performance and partly cause there exhaust systems are more straight through. But like i like the way the flowmasters sound. .

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright this is a bust on american muscle website they had the magnapacks for like $500 now they jacked the price up to 600. so should i save up for the mags or will these work ok kinda remeber hearing them on a couple of vids
Mustang SLP Loudmouth II Catback (94-97 GT/Cobra)
i don't really want flows cause like all my friends that have mustangs have them and like i want my stang to sound different

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
alright this is a bust on american muscle website they had the magnapacks for like $500 now they jacked the price up to 600. so should i save up for the mags or will these work ok kinda remeber hearing them on a couple of vids
Mustang SLP Loudmouth II Catback (94-97 GT/Cobra)
i don't really want flows cause like all my friends that have mustangs have them and like i want my stang to sound different

Yea its a bunch of crap on their site now. everything has gone thru the roof. you could try Mac. they sound nice and mean.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yea its a bunch of crap on their site now. everything has gone thru the roof. you could try Mac. they sound nice and mean.
ya lol think it was like yesterday they where like 500

ya goin to see what the macs sound like now.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
dude i love my packs! i had a few different setups on my car like no mufflers on stock system, then added bbk shortys, then replaced the cat back with slp lms, then replaced that with the packs and the o/r tru-x and now im completely satisfied. i didnt like slp it was too raspy. click the vids below my sig to hear what my caar sounds like.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
alright i think i'm goin to go with mac
but wounldn't the 3" give it a deeper tone? over the 2.5"
hey doc like tlr is kinda right the slp are pretty raspy kinda changed my mind about those.
but like is this a good set up tho like these macs
Mac Performance - performance accessories for cars, trucks, and motorcycles
love the way macs sound its like the perfect deep tone and little bit of a raspy feel to it.

o ya on my stock pipes on my stang will i have to do any cutting or can i just unbolt them and take them off?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
o ya last thing really but like will the ma cat-back 2.5" or 3" mess up my back pressure, or emissions cause like most of guys know live in cali and out emissions are ****

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Its a direct un bolt and bolt in. The mustangs have the ball and socket flanges so its pretty easy. The stock cat back can be mother to get out if you don't have a lift so you might wanna plan on having to cut it. The 3" may be a little deeper but I doubt by much. You don't need that big and if you went to a 3" mid pipe and cat back you would start loosing back pressure. I would stick with the 2 1/2" That kit is perfect. I have my dumped so its VERY deep, and there is no "rasp" in mine.

Here is mine. I had on mods except the Mac 2 1/2" O/R X and 2 1/2" Mac Pro dumps. And a crappy shifting auto.

Video of Mach exhaust no mods - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
i have flow race mufflers dumped and o/r x and i dont like it (reallllllly raspy)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Its a direct un bolt and bolt in. The mustangs have the ball and socket flanges so its pretty easy. The stock cat back can be mother to get out if you don't have a lift so you might wanna plan on having to cut it. The 3" may be a little deeper but I doubt by much. You don't need that big and if you went to a 3" mid pipe and cat back you would start loosing back pressure. I would stick with the 2 1/2" That kit is perfect. I have my dumped so its VERY deep, and there is no "rasp" in mine.

Here is mine. I had on mods except the Mac 2 1/2" O/R X and 2 1/2" Mac Pro dumps. And a crappy shifting auto.

Video of Mach exhaust no mods - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
nice man the mach sounds really good

so ya i think i'm goin to go with that set up :D
i'm thinking about doing it in my auto shop class where they have the big lifts. so if u use those big lifts it should be decently easy to pull the old pipes out without cutting them?
but like again dunno if u answered but will it affect my emissions and will i feel a power difference with it. will i have louder sound compared to my stock set up with magnaflow mufflers?

sorry for all the newb questions just want to make sure this is what i want to get.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The lift will make it realy easy. Probably less than an hour, especialy with help. It won't effect emmisions. When you start swapping mid pipes, thats when you will have to be careful. It will sound a little louder than the magnaflows, especialy in the car,but will realy come alive with a better mid pipe. The 2 1/4" stock mid pipe is where all the sound deading is. Getting a good mid pipe will give you a better power gain than the cat back will as well. I don't know if you will "feel" it, some people do and some don't, but it will flow better with the 2 1/2" pipe.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The lift will make it realy easy. Probably less than an hour, especialy with help. It won't effect emmisions. When you start swapping mid pipes, thats when you will have to be careful. It will sound a little louder than the magnaflows, especialy in the car,but will realy come alive with a better mid pipe. The 2 1/4" stock mid pipe is where all the sound deading is. Getting a good mid pipe will give you a better power gain than the cat back will as well. I don't know if you will "feel" it, some people do and some don't, but it will flow better with the 2 1/2" pipe.
alright thanks doc probably be getting the catback this week or next and the midpipe maybe in may. ill keep ya guys posted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts