Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Captain of Squad 11
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look i came here first to get some A+ advice, so guys today my friend was telling me how he took his off and it made his car sound better. Has any1 done this on a 05+ stang? will this damage my car in any way? will it sound any better? seems to good to be true. Im running dual flowmasters in a few months but for now it sounded cool to me? thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
it sounds like crap on our cars, imo. itll also throw a CEL, but it wont damage the car. just hollow them out like i did. it will give it a deeper tone without the raspiness and it wont throw any codes

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'd advise against removing them. It won't add any performance, it will sound like **** and have fun with inspection depending on your state's regulations

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
Don't bother. It doesn't sound any better. Just buy an exhaust that works with your computer. And hollowing them out will still throw a cel on the back 2 o2 sensors because their only function is to monitor catalytic converter function. The poster above must have those o2 sensors shut off. Just play by the rules bud. Better than bailing your car outta the impound for illegal equipment.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'd advise against removing them. It won't add any performance, it will sound like **** and have fun with inspection depending on your state's regulations
This!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts