Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put on my slp x-pipe with high flow cats and discovered after slowlly going over a speed bump that the cats were banging into the ground. I bent down and looked at them. They used to be circular but now have a flat part on the bottom, like a semi circle. Is this bad? do I need to replace them?

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
SLP headers, high flow ,cat Xpipe all SLP I hope this helps you

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that didn't help out much. I'll just call this shop up tomorrow I guess

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump. Still waiting on the shop (driving down tomorrow) he said that it might be a tune issue but I think I totally ****ed my cats up. If anyone has some sort of knowledge about cats, how much damage does a dent cause. Dent is about a half inward all the way along the bottom of the cat

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
won't hurt it to speak, might crack the honeycomb crap inside, but yo could take em off and hollow them out....did I say that.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha yeah but I want it to stay emissions legal

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I heard that the high flow cats are only good for a year or so. I might be wrong!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pretty confident you're wrong. I don't know a car part out there that only lasts for a year, maybe tires if you're SERIOUSLY shredding them. Or an over boosted engine, or shoddily tuned car....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as long as they are not leaking they are fine.
How would I test to see if they're leaking or not? Also it emits a sound that sounds like something on my undercarriage is scraping the ground (though nothing is) when I'm driving sometimes. Any Idea what that is?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
you would know if they were leaking.. trust me..
if there is a scraping sound when you went over that speed bump you might have bent the bolts holing the mid pipe on and now are scraping the top tops of your exhaust some where.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmm that's not it. If you've ever had strep throat or heard someone with it cough/clear their throat. That's more like what it sounds like. Haha as much as I want to trust you, you're underestimating my unfamiliarity with cats and leaks. If it's not too much trouble, spell it out to me like you would an infant

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I guess I'll just toss on the spare set of cats...Any advice on how to make my cats no be the lowest part of my car so if I bottom out I just scrape the paint?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ah well on a happier note I found out what was making the gay noise, a screw was rubbing up against a part on my undercarriage so I just flipped the O clamp around and voila, noise gone AND I didn't end up ruining my cats at all, just dented the heat shield on them. Life is good haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts