Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
other then a check engine light will cutting off my cats dmg anything on my motor or cpu from not having any back pressure

·
Registered
961 Posts
i have no cats or mufflers, no noticeable loss of power.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It will do nothing other then make the car loud and throw a cel. You may lose some low end torque, but nothing noticeable due to less back pressure. If its the 91 stang you could possible get a chip burned to eliminate the cel or maybe mil eliminators not sure on the fox bodies

·
Registered
961 Posts
It will do nothing other then make the car loud and throw a cel. You may lose some low end torque, but nothing noticeable due to less back pressure. If its the 91 stang you could possible get a chip burned to eliminate the cel or maybe mil eliminators not sure on the fox bodies
how much did the m80's quiet down your exhaust?

sorry to the O.P. for jacking the thread

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its not quiet by no means other then at idle or cruising low rpms. It made it have a very diverse sound kinda reminds me of the 2v. 2000 rpms and above screams

·
Registered
961 Posts
i'm considering getting some m80s mid mounted to get rid of the "blat" sound at 2500 rpm and the obnoxious cold starts. its either that or a new axle back all together.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I highly doubt it would do any damage due to lack of back pressure. I'm running no cats as well and I know the mod motors like a little more back pressure than your year. All I needed was tune to eliminate the cel. Like miraclepoiny said all you'll probably need is a chip/tune (whatever your year uses, I'm much more versed in S197s) or an MIL eliminator.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Guys I don't think the OP's car in question is the 91 Mustang. Maybe I'm wrong but it just doesn't seem so to me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm considering getting some m80s mid mounted to get rid of the "blat" sound at 2500 rpm and the obnoxious cold starts. its either that or a new axle back all together.
Hey let me know if the m80s work LOL. I loved the o/r h With my pype bombs but I really need to quiet it down a little. Idk I was also thinking hi flow cats.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Hey let me know if the m80s work LOL. I loved the o/r h With my pype bombs but I really need to quiet it down a little. Idk I was also thinking hi flow cats.
I don't want to steal this guys thread but have you thought about something like this? This was my favorite exhaust set-up I've had to date. It was just way too loud with 500+ rwhp.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't want to steal this guys thread but have you thought about something like this? This was my favorite exhaust set-up I've had to date. It was just way too loud with 500+ rwhp.

What set up is that. O/R pipe and the M80's with muffler deletes? If so you have any video?

And to the OP. as far as i know it will not cause anyother problem running straight pipes other then a check engine light that can be fix with a tuner, to turn off the rear o2 sensors.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
What set up is that. O/R pipe and the M80's with muffler deletes? If so you have any video?
O/R X Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, and SLP LMs as tips. I picked up the SLP LMs used for a good price otherwise I would of never paid what they wanted for a pair of tips. LOL No video though, sorry!

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I hear that you exhaust tips will turn dark or black after, I don't know this for sure I only heard it on one of these forums

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I hear that you exhaust tips will turn dark or black after, I don't know this for sure I only heard it on one of these forums
My factory tips are starting corrode a little bit after running with no cats. Might have been from sitting around for 6 months or so not on the car.

·
Registered
961 Posts
the inside of your exhaust tips will turn black as hell, but i doubt they will corrode. i ran my 02 gt catless for years and definatly no corrosion.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My exhaust tips get extremely black, so I just clean them when I wash my car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
My tips get black as hell. I just give them a good scrub every wash.

Nasty- that set up looks awesome. I have magnapacks too but they are mounted at the rear, I would love to mid-mount them. Plus with an O/R X it can get pretty raspy at wot, not bad at idle at all tho. If you don't mind me asking, what would be the best way to go about doing that? This is starting to sound like a pretty enticing summer project, but I'm not about to just take a hacksaw to my $550 catback without knowing exactly what I'm doing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts