Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Scoot'in
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the cat is broke, I get a rattle sound from exhaust area now. Went away for a minute but came back... got pretty bad, was rattling when I rev engine. Didn't have it inspected by the muffler shop yet but I'm pretty sure thats what it is. I dont have the money now but when I have to fix it should I get an upgrade? What do you suggest, I have borla exhaust. I believe everything else is stock. :)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
If you have emissions get a catted 2.5 inch x or h depending on your taste

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Either one of the catalysts inside broke loose or a heat shield is vibrating. The heat shields are just tack welded most of the time and do sometimes break loose. Easy fix. If one of the catalysts broke loose, then the pipe is trash.

I had two h-pipes rattle on me over the years (on a 93). One had a loose catalyst and on the other i found a broken heatshield. Saved myself $400 on that one. The rattles sounded the same on both h-pipes. Always check the heat shields.

·
Scoot'in
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I hope its a heat shield, but if not I'll see how much the catted pipes cost.

·
Scoot'in
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the driver side cat is busted they said.. They said they have the same cat they can cut and weld right in. $160 bucks... I'm just weary that its the same cat. Its a BBK X pipe. Should I do this????

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Did you check it yourself to make sure? Whatever they replace it with there is a chance it wont match. As far as i know BBK doesnt sell just that part. If they do, let me know as mine is a BBK to. Im picky with this stuff on my ride, it has to match and be the same brand and everything. Id hate for you to end up with a piece of crap cat made in Taiwan or something that wont last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts