Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
You have emissions in your State? if not delete them. If you have to keep them try to find you some CATS from someone who deleted them so you get a good OEM product.

Reactions: CYAL8R

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have emissions in your State? if not delete them. If you have to keep them try to find you some CATS from someone who deleted them so you get a good OEM product.
Thank you for the response.

I'm in the ATL Metro area, so yes I still need them. I honestly was a bit leery of getting them second hand because my experience with all F-L-M is that the cats go out quickly along with that damned air suspension.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts

I'm in the ATL Metro area, so yes I still need them. I honestly was a bit leery of getting them second hand because my experience with all F-L-M is that the cats go out quickly along with that damned air suspension.
I have BBK long tubes, bbk off road H pipe and borla stingers. I ended up welding in 2.5" magnaflow cats part number 59956. They are a high flow 200 cell count stainless steel cat with a metallic core. They claim to be 49 state legal.

I went this route as I wanted a robust cat (metallic core) that is freeflowing as possible while being affordable (200 cell) and robust enough to handle boost down the road. No more exhaust fumes. The tail pipes don't get as dirty and it killed the trumpeting the stingers made. All while only killing sound levels maybe 10 percent. Plus it's from a reputable company. No issues here and happy as can be with them.

If you're just utilizing your stock mid I'd get the stock cats cut out and 2 of these magnaflows welded in. Stock piping is 2.25".

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have BBK long tubes, bbk off road H pipe and borla stingers. I ended up welding in 2.5" magnaflow cats part number 59956. They are a high flow 200 cell count stainless steel cat with a metallic core. They claim to be 49 state legal.

I went this route as I wanted a robust cat (metallic core) that is freeflowing as possible while being affordable (200 cell) and robust enough to handle boost down the road. No more exhaust fumes. The tail pipes don't get as dirty and it killed the trumpeting the stingers made. All while only killing sound levels maybe 10 percent. Plus it's from a reputable company. No issues here and happy as can be with them.

If you're just utilizing your stock mid I'd get the stock cats cut out and 2 of these magnaflows welded in. Stock piping is 2.25".

Excuse my ignorance but are you saying cut the stock ones off (4) and weld back in the(2) magnaflows?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

Excuse my ignorance but are you saying cut the stock ones off (4) and weld back in the(2) magnaflows?
The main cats are the rear, the fronts are precats.

Reactions: CYAL8R

·
Registered
89 Posts
If it’s legal in your state, you might as well get an aftermarket catted x pipe and enjoy a power gain going from 2.25” to 2.5” pipes. I’ve had a magnaflow catted x since 2003 and still pass smog without issue.

·
Registered
790 Posts

Hey man, ya gotta picture of that? I have longtubes and I don't think I have the real estate to put highflow cats on. Mainly just wanna get rid of smell.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts

I have BBK long tubes with a BBK high flow x-pipe. It had Flowmaster mufflers. Flowmasters drone. The drone was loudest between 1800-2200 rpm (cruising speed). I finally got to a point where I couldn't stand it. I had the Flowmaster mufflers cut out and Magnaflows welded in. Sounds great.

The only problem I have is an occasional check engine light and a slow to heat failure. That is because the sensors have been moved farther back.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
I have BBK long tubes with a BBK high flow x-pipe. It had Flowmaster mufflers. Flowmasters drone. The drone was loudest between 1800-2200 rpm (cruising speed). I finally got to a point where I couldn't stand it. I had the Flowmaster mufflers cut out and Magnaflows welded in. Sounds great.

The only problem I have is an occasional check engine light and a slow to heat failure. That is because the sensors have been moved farther back.
The stingers I got don't drone line my flowmasters did. I get what you're saying though!

I retuned the car for long tubes. I also had to use motorcraft o2s as ngks didn't want to cooperate. Never an issue

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The stingers I got don't drone line my flowmasters did. I get what you're saying though!

I retuned the car for long tubes. I also had to use motorcraft o2s as ngks didn't want to cooperate. Never an issue

I'm running NGK O2 sensors. I might try motorcraft to see if I can get the check engine light off. Nothing is actually wrong and the light doesn't mean anything but its annoying.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
I'm running NGK O2 sensors. I might try motorcraft to see if I can get the check engine light off. Nothing is actually wrong and the light doesn't mean anything but its annoying.
Wouldn't primary o2s cause issues though if not reading right?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Engine runs fine. The only fault is slow to heat. Its been so long I don't know which ones are throwing the code.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts