Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a o/r prochamber with gaymaster 40's and am looking to swap out that catback as soon as spring hits. i really want magnapacks or LM1's. My question is, whats the difference between buying the entire catback vs welding in the resonators? the magnapack and LM1 catback are $600 and $450 respectively, vs around 100$ for the resonators (used). Is the sound really that different if you get the entire catback? I know about the offset flows vs the straight resonators, not a problem my buddy has a shop and can weld up easily.

Thanks for info!

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
The sound is different but not substantially. If I had the money I would have done the full catback but I dont so I didn't.

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
484 Posts
if you have he stock exhaust with the chokemasters weldedin the get a new catback if you have a aftermarket 2.5in then just weld some new mufflers in. And slp all day long you will thank me later.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
If the size of the pipeing is the same, i'd just weld them in.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LM1's + prochamber is sex. And very very loud.
Hell yeah thats what i want. Its all new 2.5 in flowmaster so ill def be saving some money and welding in LM1's thanks guys!!! :llama

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
yep, weld the slps in and then make an exhaust video like the one posted and post it on here.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
if you're doing it in spring then wait and see if you can find a good deal...btw we're in fitchburg

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Here is a chart from TCCoA on "muffler comparisons" and I use to have the lm1 on one of the vehicles we use to have that thing was nothing more than a str8 pipe with an expansion in the middle so that resonator was kinda like having no muffler on there at all the wife say's the vehicle felt a bit slower off the jump after I put the lm1 on there. That's(no mufflers at all) is on the comparison chart also.

Muffler Comparision Chart - TCCoA Forums

1 - 11 of 11 Posts