Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on these. I know a lot of the force induction guys use them but I don't like the thought of oil in my air intake either. Who's running them and is it worth it even if I just have a naturally aspirated car?

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
I have one on my v6
Cost a total of 20 bucks and works great

03cristian

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Hey 03 Cris Mater

Can you share a little more insight on the oil can seperator thing and the quoted price of $20 bucks.

I recently changed my intake manifold due to coolant leak and the bottom of the intake manifold had a layer of oil, thicker than I would have liked to see. I would love to prevent oil in the new one.

Benefits, Cons, actual cost plus install unless its DIY (Which I would prefer). Where to buy this type of device at?

:feedback

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Made my passender side one from a $6 s/s waterbottle from Walmart, garden hose connector, rubber line and a K&N filter I had laying around. Was a fun & easy DIY

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Any benefits and cons to this DIY ~ fellows and gals?

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I have one on my N/A 2v.

A good amount of oil pours out of it every two weeks.

Mine cost $140. :shiftyeyes

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Do you pour it right back into your car?! :)

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Do you pour it right back into your car?! :)
nah, its nasty oil, i just pour it out into my drain pan.

I just put a brand new intake manifold on my car, so i should hopefully have close to zero oil building up in this one. It was too late to save my old one since i installed it 5 months ago and my car has close to 100k.

The one i have is sealed since it is under vacuum, very nice piece from Morosso.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I think I like the water bottle best haha looks good to haha
What's needed I'll go to Wal-Mart, lows right now lol been on a do stuff binge lol, seafoamed and changed oil, and make most of my rear seat delete last couple days lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just vent my oil vapors out into the atmosphere. Looks much cleaner under the hood that way, and there's no oil in my intake manifold. I was disgusted by the amount of oil in the manifold...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
So really you just need to have a can, w ith the line off the PVC side into the can (can needs filter on top) than the line going.oit the other side and into the little.black box that connects to the plenum? Please correct if wrong cause I'm doing ot today lol I cha.fed my intake recently Nd it was also oily as duck

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
ooOOOooo

Ohh yea! DIY's rock... :rockon
Its only nice until I come across something that I cannot fix... :dunce:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Worked out great lol not installed yet but I went.the sswater bottle route and its going to look good lol got some fittings and hose and just need to cut hose now and hook it up

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Hey Trick flow, can you send me pictures of the setup, or maybe step to step type deal. I have a general idea, but seeing each step would prevent issues and solidify my idea!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
yea, pm me a number I can txt cause I'm on my phone and I don't have anyway do upload them (there might be but I can't figure it out lol) it's cake bro and it cost me probably a total of 10$ need 2 fittings metal container (used semizsmall waterbottle) and some hose, I'll get you some tom when I get hone and I'll take a step by step of install

And a little spectre or k&n filter!!

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Copy on the phone number PM.

Now in reference to purchasing an extra filter, what size on the open end clamping part? ~2 inch?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Copy on the phone number PM.

Now in reference to purchasing an extra filter, what size on the open end clamping part? ~2 inch?
There measured like by the size application they fit on, also 3/8 I think, really doesn't matter just get the one that for.like. a valve cover breather, in the gay section of AutoZone little mini.filters can't miss em, 10$ I'll txt you all info tom tho

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
There measured like by the size application they fit on, also 3/8 I think, really doesn't matter just get the one that for.like. a valve cover breather, in the gay section of AutoZone little mini.filters can't miss em, 10$ I'll txt you all info tom tho
But I am so scared to walk in that isle! :gayfight2:

Just kidding, My V8 will be on my mind! :cockblockedsad:

BTW ~ expecting +2 HP? :blah

1 - 20 of 25 Posts