Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
Real talk, cat owner here. Just get a domestic short hair, my dad is super allergic to animals but my cat doesn't bother him. My gf and I live in a 500ish sq ft apartment with said cat, no issues. Cats aren't retarded, and can be trained not to do ****; mine sits around my $8k desktop PC and could give to shits about wires and all that ****, it would rather watch me play video games or lay in my lap. Use good litter, Arm and Hammer Odor Control is the ****, you literally won't smell anything but a pleasant smell which tells you to go scoop the box. I recommend cats 110% over dogs, no walking necessary, no letting it outside to take a dump which you have to go scoop in 90 degree stank heat. You also don't have to take them out to **** when it's 28 degrees outside. **** dogs, cats are the cat's ass. I don't hate dogs, just I prefer cats, and anyone who says they HATE cats, **** you... pricks.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Real talk, cat owner here. Just get a domestic short hair, my dad is super allergic to animals but my cat doesn't bother him. My gf and I live in a 500ish sq ft apartment with said cat, no issues. Cats aren't retarded, and can be trained not to do ****; mine sits around my $8k desktop PC and could give to shits about wires and all that ****, it would rather watch me play video games or lay in my lap. Use good litter, Arm and Hammer Odor Control is the ****, you literally won't smell anything but a pleasant smell which tells you to go scoop the box. I recommend cats 110% over dogs, no walking necessary, no letting it outside to take a dump which you have to go scoop in 90 degree stank heat. You also don't have to take them out to **** when it's 28 degrees outside. **** dogs, cats are the cat's ass. I don't hate dogs, just I prefer cats, and anyone who says they HATE cats, **** you... pricks.
Dogs make good exercise buddies.

Dogs are smarter then cats.

Dogs are more social.

You can get them in a size small.

You can get them in a size large.

You can take your dog on trips with you.

Dogs are chick magnets.

Dogs will cuddle you any chance they get.

Dogs aren't just a pet to have. They're family.

Or you can be weird and own a cat...

:shiftyeyes

Pictures borrowed from @xocolleenox @Nasty @serbiandude @Imaginary Enemy and @xkape

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Ferrets? No. They get into everything, and i mean everything. My ex had two and holy hell did they stink. She got tired of cleaning up the house as they left turds all over the house. And the enclosures need to be rather large. They got expensive quick.
Ah the good old cat snake.

Dogs make good exercise buddies.
I'm not even going to ask why you have so many Remi pictures saved. :shiftyeyes

The only cat I've ever had didn't give us many issues. Just a lazy ball of fur.

An odd suggestion, if you're even considering smaller pets is rats. They're like smarter dogs with hands. They keep to their cage mostly and even use a litterbox. Only downside is the short lifespan, usually 2-4yrs.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
i had a pet skunk when i was younger. pepe le pew. he was the ****. i'd recommend a skunk as a pet to anybody that's willing to put up with the smell

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have owned 4 cats and never had an issue with any of them. One of them was by far the smartest pet I have ever had including my two dogs. Just keep the litterbox clean and you will never smell them. I agree that a domestic short hair is probably the way to go as I have had 2 of them but I also had 2 long hair cats. One was just a domestic longhair but the other was a Chantilly that wondered up and I still have her (she is 19 years old.)

I don't think owning a cat is any worse than a dog, because if anything they are cheaper and less maintenance and like someone else said, you don't have to put them outside but I had mine trained to go either in a litterbox or outside.

That being said, never let anyone force you into something you don't feel comfortable doing. If you think your allergies could be so bad that it would cause you discomfort then its not worth it even if that means your girlfriend not being happy.

·
DSMs are cool...
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How does one simply train a kitten to not chew cords..this is my worry. Because if my mouse/headphones/power/monitors/tv/anything cords get chewed I will smite all within my path. I don't want the thing to be bored all day when we aren't home and start chewing ****. Her cat at home chews cords and shirts..

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
Sounds like that guy needs a ****ing fish. Guy wants pet but wants the pet to not bother him. Okay... lmao You obviously don't get the joy dog people do when they come home and their pups great them with affection.

Edit: Not OP
Nothing like coming home to a happy face
These two get it. Nothing like coming home to this

and this.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Is this dude serious?

·