Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my exhaust is pretty much stock expect for the mufflers (magnaflow)
i think i'm going to change the midpipe to 3 inch H but just want to know what brand of catted h's will sound/perform best with the mufflers.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
............don't rub it in:sorry i would but my parents won't let me do that till i'm 18.. that and where i live in Irvine the cops are extremely anal about the smallest of things and like if they even sense somthing is illegal they will pull u over..

so till im 18 i have to stick with catted.
any suggestions with a catted H

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
............don't rub it in:sorry i would but my parents won't let me do that till i'm 18.. that and where i live in Irvine the cops are extremely anal about the smallest of things and like if they even sense somthing is illegal they will pull u over..

+ my car is a california stang so it unfortunatly has 6 cats....:(

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got some pics of my pipes if that helps

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I don't remember who it was but someone was asking about this last week. He said that he couldn't find a catted h pipe because everyone who was advertising them stopped selling them. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't remember who it was but someone was asking about this last week. He said that he couldn't find a catted h pipe because everyone who was advertising them stopped selling them. Good luck!
*deep Breath*...damn

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Yeah, I can't believe that one of the vendors don't have one. Your options are going to be limited if someone does have them.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts

I know, just had to rub it in a little :D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe all 96-98's came this way.
california sucks that way lol with all emissions laws and everything.
so my only real other option is to make custom ones then? or what?

btw which ones are the resonators on the the 96-98 stangs

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
If you want an h pipe that's what it sounds like. I would call all of the Mustang shops and make sure they don't have a catted h pipe and see if they can get one. Your other option is a catted x pipe which is also legal.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you want an h pipe that's what it sounds like. I would call all of the Mustang shops and make sure they don't have a catted h pipe and see if they can get one. Your other option is a catted x pipe which is also legal.
ya i thought about getting a catted x pipe but like don't really want that raspy sound. i want to keep that deep tone.

ya maybe i'll just try what u said and call up some of my local shops.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You can also call up the nationwide companies too. They usually have free or cheap shipping. Ask all of our vendors too in our vendor section to see if they know anything.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can also call up the nationwide companies too. They usually have free or cheap shipping. Ask all of our vendors too in our vendor section to see if they know anything.
ya will do thanks for giving me the idea:D

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
last thing
like on the magnaflow catted X-pipe or the bbk like noticed like they only have one highflow cat. say i put the x-pipe on my car will it pass smog inspection or will i have to add more cats to it ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts