Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so here's a question for you!

I just had my exhaust done on my '03 V6. Went from the single exhaust to divorced duals, no mid-pipe. Here's my crisis.

I want to do MAC LT's, but if I do the LT's, then I'll lose my cats. What I'm wondering, after I install the LT's, can I take the stock cats, cut them off, and have them welded into a custom X/H-Pipe? What are my other options? Ideas?

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, Slow! I'm pretty sure I can make them fit. If not, I'll just bite the bullet and buy a catted shorty H-Pipe and install that. I suppose I could just sell the current cats to a wrecker and recoup some losses that way

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh eff, you're right... Would I be able to modify it to work? Go from 2"-2.5"

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
Well. v6 longtubes have 2.5" collectors.
Idk what size the original cats are. 2.25" maybe?
You could just buy some cheap high flow cats from Summit though.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I picked up a pair of Pypes High-Flow Cats and had them welded in after I installed my MAC Longtubes. Sounds awesome, need to get a video up once im done with the never ending engine build.

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scholl, post up a vid! Definitely quite interested in hearing it! I might have to grab some Pypes cats and just weld those in as well. I really like the divorced dual sound, but a nice H/X-Pipe might make it a bit nicer. Less rasp

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
pypes ceramic cats are half the size of stock v6 main cats in length so you would have to weld in some pipe between them. If you choose to do this they will sound amazing with less rasp especially with an H-pipe.

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So would I need 4 cats altogether? So Longtube-Pipe-Cat-Pipe-Cat on both sides, or more Longtube-Pipe-Cat-Pipe to muffler?

·
Needs moar meat
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh sweet! Is that the stock cat, Green? Or is that an aftermarket? And is that going from your LTs directly to a mid-pipe? Or straight back?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts