Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it alright to have a catted x pipe with long tubes if I plan on going f/i in the future? I know a lot of people have o/r x but I kinda wanna stay legal, but if its gonna be a problem, I guess I won have a choice. I want my car to sound really good, not be obnoxious.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah you can...not an issue at all man

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright cool. I didnt think it would've been a problem but someone told me otherwise. Have any opinions on flowtech products? Is there a huge difference b/w brands of headers as far as sound? Or, for example, would a flowtech header with borla stingers sound the same as a bassani or slp header with stingers?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
not sure man..never delt with flowtech

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Im sure it'll all sound pretty close as long as you keep your catback the same but catted x will be just fine, just get high flow cats

·
Registered
205 Posts
Brand of longtubes wont sound different. Different style x pipes, yes. But longtube headers probably all sound the same. Bassani does not make a longtube header for our cars. Only newer stuff. They do make midlength headers for our cars though.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brand of longtubes wont sound different. Different style x pipes, yes. But longtube headers probably all sound the same. Bassani does not make a longtube header for our cars. Only newer stuff. They do make midlength headers for our cars though.
Can you send me a link to the midlengths? I couldnt find them. And how much of a difference is with power/restriction between midlenghts and longtubes

·
Registered
50 Posts
You will be fine with cats...i had high-flows on my h with my setup and the only difference I noticed was at idle. She sits quiet with cats but when you open it up shes louder than ever. I'm sure you will be satisfied

And for the header difference...the different sounds will come from your mid pipe and mufflers. Headers won't hardly make a difference compared to an x or h with after market mufflers

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok one more question. I see you have BBK h pipe with Mac longtubes. Do all different brands match up or did you have to do anything special to match the BBK h with the Mac lt's?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts