Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chin spoiler and was reading the install instructions. It says to sand where u are applying the 3m tape with 80 to 120 grit. Did anyon do this? I am a little skeptical about possibly ruining the bumper.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I did not sand mine for the same reason. I did clean the area really well with rubbing alcohol though. I've had mine for almost 3 years with no issue. Even ran up on some curbs and parking blocks with it. Watch out for those damn things.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
I never sanded mine when I had one. Lasted a good while. Just make sure you clean it really well, and do it when it's nice and warm out. PICTURES!!!!

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks. I will post pics when I install it sat. Have th dg hidden foglight grille to install as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
had mine for almost 3 years and I did not sand anything. I have had zero problems. i painted mine to look like the california special.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn't sand mine either. It fits so tightly I'm pretty sure the 3M tape isn't even really necessary

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
with the chin spoiler are you lowered? i was looking into getting one but am lowered with the eibach pro kit and i think it would damn near be on the ground.... just curious, thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the Eibach Pros and its pretty manageable. Still have to watch for steep driveways and parking lot concrete things.

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ok so I finally installed the chin spoiler and my hidden foglight grille.
before

after

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was looking at the chin spoilers over at american muscle. Looking into purchasing one, but it seems some of them stick out a whole hell of alot. Maybe the aggresive one? Anyone have pictures of the classic and aggresive one installed on their car?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts