Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here have this installed? I think it's the best looking one. I'm concerned I won't be able to put tail light covers on though, the fit looks tight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have it installed but i havent tried putting tail light covers on. My tail lights are tinted using a tinted clear coat. Still i will include a picture so maybe you can see. What i can tell you is this. It goes right up to the edge of the truck panel. so you can use that as a reference.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Does this answer your question?

Bah. Stupid Forum Tag code. The link will be bad. Open it, let it be a 403, click the URL bar, enter a space AFTER the "?img=22216 " <--- like this, then hit enter. That'll show you what I'm trying to link...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the pic I saw on American muscle that made me want to do it. Just curious if there was any trimming involved. Most likely not, just being cautious.

·
Registered
491 Posts
They're pieces of plastic that cover other pieces of your car. What's the worst amount of trimming you'd have to do? Sand down an 1/8th of an inch off the plastic light covers?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? I want something I can remove if I need to. California cops arnt too friendly. But if they look like crap I guess it won't be worth it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, I think it always looks better to just have a clear coat tint painted on anyway. Just don't get it too dark.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Nice man. How are they holding up for you? Any noticeable wear on them or they still clean up really well after a bath?

My performance guy does some painting and I was thinking about letting him paint my wheels for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts