Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 06 with the Shaker 500 radio. I guess the CD part died, radio still works fine.

Every time I get in the car I can hear it trying to move the CD mechanism.
Only thing display shows is "CD Error" when I try to use it.

At this point I'd be happy to just get the CDs out and use the radio only.

Any ideas how to eject them?

Thanks

**** UPDATE ****

Here's info I used to remove the radio. Between the 3 links it covers it all.
They really gloss over the elecrical connection removal, you'll need to take your time and make sure to depress the right plastic so you don't break the connectors.

I removed the radio, removed the CDs, and reinstalled the radio in about 1hr.
Radio still works, and the CD mechanism isn't constantly trying to initialize. So I'm happy for now.

http://www.sound-repair.com/index.php/ford-mustang-05-07-stereo-removal-instructions/

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If its like the ones in the new edges, pull the head unit, and undo the skrews on the top. That's what I did when my 6 disc died from the mach 1000 system

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pull the fuse for the unit. This will initiate a reset and it will go through all the positions and will sometimes get it unstuck.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
I think disconnect the battery as well will do this, I've had my car completely dead then charge it back up, turn the ignition one click so the radio came on and ejected all 6 disks

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is the main reason I replaced my Shaker 500 head unit. Pull the negative battery cable for 15 minutes, or pull the fuse, like these guys said, to reset the unit. Once the CDs are out, do not put any back in.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If its like my stock one,can't remember how dads 07 was, but you'll need a special tool from a audio store,Walmart might have it, it looks like a "U" and you insert one on each side, this pops it out

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Welcome to the club! I've lost two burned copies of AC/DC's Back in Black to the Shitter 500. I got mine replaced twice under warranty. You can take apart the head unit and take out your CDs, but then you should just go ahead and replace the HU. If mine wasn't under warranty, I'd already have a different one.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Well if you can hear it trying to eject the CD, just stick another CD in there and wiggle it around. CDs get stuck all the time in my Mach 460 headunit, they get ejected upward into a plastic lip and won't come out without some coaxing. :lol

·
Registered
327 Posts
disconnecting the battery doesn't help for mine...i might try the fuse. Mine happened after i put the first tune on using SCT device. I've heard a ton of people having this issue with shaker 500....HELLO FORD RECALL.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If its like my stock one,can't remember how dads 07 was, but you'll need a special tool from a audio store,Walmart might have it, it looks like a "U" and you insert one on each side, this pops it out
Not sure cause mine radio is long past stock, but on my 2003 I used a wire hanger and cut 4 pieces to stick in the holes in each corner of the radio. It will then slide out. No need to buy the tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts