Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought my bulb went out because when I put my right turning signal on the center bulb of the 3 lights on the passenger side doesn't light up. But when I put on my hazards, or lock/unlock the car it lights up fine.

Do I still need to replace that bulb? I don't get why it lights up every other time but not when im turning. Also I have a 2009 mustang if that matters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
You still need to replace it sometimes the bulb will only go out only when signaling but it will work when using your brakes. You just need a new bulb and it will blink again.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I just needed that "go ahead" to do the job. I didnt wanna go through the trouble of cleaning out my trunk and taking things apart just to hear that it's something else.

·
Registered
217 Posts
No problem good luck

·
Registered
461 Posts
Might as well replace all the bulbs while your in there.

What happens is the tail lights are two sided lights meaning they have a low side (running lights) and a high side, turn signal/brake light when the lights are on. Chances are the high side of the bulb burned out. Its normal it happens to a lot or people and I'm glade you are replacing your bulb rather than just saying "eh the other bulbs work just fine I'll get it later."

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, just to update, it worked perfectly, i changed it the same day i read this but haven't had a chance to post up on the threads lately. And Thanks Lumoon for the explanation I definitely like understanding WHY things happen instead of just blindly replacing stuff. Reps to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts