Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have decided that my first mod on my car will be my exhaust system. I have always loved the center exhaust and was wondering if anyone offered a v6 version of the saleen style exhaust. Is this something a shop can do? I am not very fimilar with exhaust fabs and would perfer to do it myself with firends help (labor eats my spending money for other mods and yes my buddies can weld and some of them have done exhaust systems already) Im wondering if this is a viable thing for a V6 or is it just a silly idea?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
what year car do you have?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
have a shop do it 350bucks for everything welded in, just takes a but of extra pipe bending, get dual outlet tips if you do it though

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what would you guys recommend for mufflers headers tips etc?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mac LT's, offroad H [or high flow], w/ your choice of chambered muffler.

Idk how good the center exhaust will look without the body molding around it

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone done it before on the SN95 bumper?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Has anyone done it before on the SN95 bumper?
Your gonna have to bend the pipes in a weird way so that you can't see them.. I don't see that being possible so it's gonna look akward IMO.. cause saleens exhaust wrap around inside the back bumper just like corvettes.. so w/o the bumper to cover the pipes and make it looks like it belongs I say just go w/ regular dual exit or side exhaust =D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, this is just one of my crazy ideas :p
I see what you are saying about how it would look awkward without the body molding, but then again the body does not mold around the pipes on the side either for the 95

·
Registered
300 Posts
I know but with the center you would see where the pipes come out over the axle then TURN to goto the center of the bumper.. wouldn't look right IMO.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
LT headers, high flow cats, flowmaster mufflers or MAC

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
you can get it from abcexclusives. Already bent. You just need piping from the midpipe to the mufflers then from the mufflers to that pipe. so get some headers, an h or x pipe, and then choose the mufflers you want, and have a shop have at it.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Did they make a center exhaust saleen 94-98?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no, it was the same as gt
Saleen Rear Bumper
I have been thinking about picking up the saleen body kit after i get the performance out of my car that I want

·
Registered
817 Posts
i find it would look cool!!! and original!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My car is a 95

1 - 20 of 35 Posts