Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im planning on get a vinyl single 20 inch stripe for my car off of ebay and im wondering how i should go about buying this. Im also getting a grabber blue roush stripe (no worries, i wont be putting the words roush on it!) and i need a single stripe to match the color, so the people who are selling the roush stripe can make the 20 inch, but he said that installing it will be difficult because its just a straight universal stripe that will be 3 sections of 20"x 68. So will it really be to difficult? and i think there just having it made up so does anyone know of like the blueprints or whatever to make up the 20 inch stripe like this Mustang 20" Rally Stripe Stripe Decal Decals Fit All Year Set of 4 : Amazon.com : Automotive ? sorry for the long post and thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
140 Posts
i have first hand knowledge of installing a vinyl racing stripe on my car. my avatar shows it on, but i took it off. i will give you my horror story so you can be as informed as possible. first, i'm pretty handy (hate to toot my own whistle but whatever). i bought my stripes from baltimore street mods and they were specifically cut and contoured for ease of installation. i paid $280 for the kit. taking my time and being uber meticulous, i managed to get a wrinkle on the hood, the front bumber had a few problems and the rear bumber had a discrepancy. i had used every trick in the book. long story short, if you don't have extensive experience, i don't recommend doing it. i'm particular, so after buying the set again i gave it another shot. wasted money. from a distance it looked badass. from within 5 foot you could see the crap areas. couldn't stand it, so i removed it. wasted almost $600 in the process. found some guys that will paint them on for $750. save yourself the heartache, and paint them. unless your are ok with things being mediocre. the end...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Paint all the way man. Vinyl is a pain in the ass on all levels.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have first hand knowledge of installing a vinyl racing stripe on my car. my avatar shows it on, but i took it off. i will give you my horror story so you can be as informed as possible. first, i'm pretty handy (hate to toot my own whistle but whatever). i bought my stripes from baltimore street mods and they were specifically cut and contoured for ease of installation. i paid $280 for the kit. taking my time and being uber meticulous, i managed to get a wrinkle on the hood, the front bumber had a few problems and the rear bumber had a discrepancy. i had used every trick in the book. long story short, if you don't have extensive experience, i don't recommend doing it. i'm particular, so after buying the set again i gave it another shot. wasted money. from a distance it looked badass. from within 5 foot you could see the crap areas. couldn't stand it, so i removed it. wasted almost $600 in the process. found some guys that will paint them on for $750. save yourself the heartache, and paint them. unless your are ok with things being mediocre. the end...
damnn, sorry for your troubles, that sounds horrible lol well after reading all this i guess im probly gunna set my sights on getting this bad boy painted then. thanks all

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
To be fair, I've had my vinyls on for almost two years with no issues. I will eventually have them painted on, but they've been subjected to wind/rain/snow and they still look damn good. I did have a shop put them on while it was in for some other work, but that only cost like $100

OP I put all the info for where I got mine on your visitor page

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I had the vinyl back in late '04-'05 installed by a professional and within a year did it all over again with paint/clearcoat. That's the way to go. Save your hard earned clams and be happy in the end.

Good lookin' vert Margarita girl!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts