Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just had my centerforce dual friction clutch installed, i broke it in, over 500 miles, and it has been making a clicking noise. it is only when i have my clutch pedal pressed down. I was told by a few people that the reason it its making the noise is because the dual friction clutches have a free weight system, so they will click. Is this a bunch of bullshit, or is it true. i had the pilot shaft and throwout bearing replaced when i did my clutch.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
my centerforce clutch doesn't make that sound, my throwout bearing is going out though so it makes a rattling sound when the clutch is out but before that it never made a sound... maybe the pilot bearing?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the pilot shaft bearing is brand new too, so im not sure if it is just a defective one or there is something wrong with the clutch. it grabs just fine, and sometimes it doesnt even make that noise, so i dont know whats up.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i did my clutch i did everything. the flywheel was resurfaced, the pilot shaft bearing was done, everything i thought might be a problem. now also, the clutch grabs higher than when i first got it done, im sure it would move when i was breaking it in, but i didnt think it would move that much. it sounds like something is loose, but like i said before, could it be those free weights??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem, check the clutch cable...if its an adjustable you have to find the right position and it should stop...it was making the click sound when it was just about fully to the floor

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just had my centerforce dual friction clutch installed, i broke it in, over 500 miles, and it has been making a clicking noise. it is only when i have my clutch pedal pressed down. I was told by a few people that the reason it its making the noise is because the dual friction clutches have a free weight system, so they will click. Is this a bunch of bullshit, or is it true. i had the pilot shaft and throwout bearing replaced when i did my clutch.
Yes. I have that on my Jeep same with the dual , and I was told they do that too. Is it true I don’t know but if I press the pedal like one inch it will go away but not engaged , almost like the pedal is out of adjustment, system was bleed and bleed but it’s there. Also new everything flywheel, pilot, clutch obviously, and slave cylinder...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts