Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, are you centri guys using the CMDP's or not? If you are, which ones are you using. I see the Steeda Race for $300, regular Steeda for $200, and some stripped stock ones from a Saleen site for less than $100. Trying to decide what to do since I'll already have the intake off....

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
I've got it at work... I wish I could do free shipping, but mustang parts isn't really part of discount tire:). My boss let's me sell the parts that we get discounts on because it's profit we don't have to work on. Shipping would come straight out of my pocket:(

·
Registered
333 Posts
I bought the Steeda regular ones, didn't see the benefit for the extra cost, but then again I only paid like $120 new when I bought them 3 years ago..

The car was much more responsive when I switched and I have never had any problems pushin 10-13lbs through them while laying down plenty of power....

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
You should DEFINITELY get delete plates, there are a few people who have had the butterfly valves break and fall into their engine. If I can bend the butterflies with my own hand(tested that after taking them off of our stock charge motion plates last night), then a engine(more so a forced induction one) can. ;)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
there are a few people who have had the butterfly valves break and fall into their engine.
I thought that was someone who used a bondo-type metal to mold the gaps in the stock plates and the material he put in chunked off through the engine? Not saying I disagree with your main point, but have the completely stock butterflies in people's cars fallen out like that?

I'm too lazy to find his thread, wasn't it silver-something or other?

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I thought that was someone who used a bondo-type metal to mold the gaps in the stock plates and the material he put in chunked off through the engine? Not saying I disagree with your main point, but have the completely stock butterflies in people's cars fallen out like that?

I'm too lazy to find his thread, wasn't it silver-something or other?

Yeah, that happened to silverstang, he had quicksteel in his home-made delete plates. As far as I know, no one has had a COMPLETE butterfly fall into their engine, but a piece, yes.

I worked on our stock plates last night(ground down the pins that hold on the butterflies and took the butterflies off) and it took about an hour. This weekend, I'm going to see if I can get my dad to drill a hole in the plates so we can tap out the butterfly rod retaining pin to let the rod come free. It shall be interesting. :)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yeah, that happened to silverstang, he had quicksteel in his home-made delete plates. As far as I know, no one has had a COMPLETE butterfly fall into their engine, but a piece, yes.

I worked on our stock plates last night(ground down the pins that hold on the butterflies and took the butterflies off) and it took about an hour. This weekend, I'm going to see if I can get my dad to drill a hole in the plates so we can tap out the butterfly rod retaining pin to let the rod come free. It shall be interesting. :)
Awesome stuff! Good luck and have fun. :)

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Awesome stuff! Good luck and have fun. :)

Thanks, I've had a lot fun so far sitting in the humid/unventilated garage drilling through metal pins for almost an hour sweating my butt off in the process. :lol

I don't think I'll be selling these plates because I did an experiment on them. I got the dremel and ground down the textured outside part to see how it would look(how shiny), but it didn't turn out that good. There is also a few very small nicks in the ports from me accidentally making contact against them with the dremel. I may make some delete plates for people in the future though, I'd charge within the ballpark of 50-75 bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts