Modded Mustang Forums banner

centri or twinscrew

2K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  RyanGT 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I need help to decide which supercharger to buy. I have $5000 to spend. Here is situation. I own a 04 GT vert and it is my daily driver. The car is completely stock. I would like to buy a supercharger that will be easy on my motor and will cause the less amount of tear and ware on the internals. Im looking to produce anywhere from 350 to 400RWHP. I have been looking at KB 2.1L but i have heard that KB is not a good idea for a daily driver. I dont intent to drag race. This is my only vehicle and would like to keep it for a while. What do you guys think? I need to make up my mind within the next 3 weeks. Thank you all!!

#3 ·
centri. it will make more power, it will make the power in a range where you wont just burn tire, and it will be alot more controlable in the rain, and easier on your motor.

put a vortech or procharger on there 10PSI, and call it a day, you will love it.

#5 ·
centri=sex....u get the sound of a blower and the feel of a turbo!!! + more power, better drivability, and less strain on the motor

#7 ·
i went with vortech because i heard bad stuff about procharger seals leaking a lot and i didnt wanna have to deal with changing the supercharger oil...but i know people around here with them and they dont have much problems, but most of my friends have vortechs and do ok with those as well...i dont think it matters much which one so it all comes down to the little details of changing oil etc

#10 ·
my buddies fox puts down 600 wheel with only an s trim at 15 pounds...they support plenty of power and there are different trims which are upgradable and different models that support over 1000hp...so that doesnt realy matter

#11 ·
i would choose vortech, like somebody else said, from time to time the seals on the prochargers have gone bad. also the prochargers have a self contained oil system so that can be a plus, and a negative, the plus is you dont have to change it until like 20-30K miles, but the negative is it doesnt get fresh oil like the vortech does every time you change your oil.

the vortech is not self contained so you tap into the oil pan.

i would pay a little more $$ for the V2 kit, you get a little larger housing, and impeller. i would also just order the basic non intercooled kit for now, then later down the road buy the paxton air to air intercooler setup. its SOOOOO much better than vortechs air to water system, plus you get a cool ass front mount intercooler.

the paxton air to air setup is a direct bolt on to the vortech, no modifications required. vortech also owns paxton.

#12 ·
+1 or u can do a diy ebay setup for cheap like 400.... i think the paxton kit is like 1200

#17 ·
the ebay kit is a POS, after time spent, $$ spent on pipeing and all, it doesnt save you much. sometimes cheapest isnt always cheapest since you may have to fix it later.

i jsut dont understand why some people will sacrifice so much quality to save a buck. if you dont have the $$ to do it right, dont do it at all.

#14 ·
centris get drowned out by exhaust but i can hear mine in low gear when im doing a roll on....check out modular power house for their mongoose kit...awesome!!!! and his tunes are fantastic

#16 ·
yeah if u get a blow through maf setup and the correct tune....i would recirculate though when running lower boost

#19 ·
im not saying all ebay kits are good but there are good ones out there....ive seen some first hand with good bar and plate construction

#21 ·
you can also get stainless piping with bead rolled ends the T-bolt clamps and reinforced couplers for about 65 bucks

#22 ·
i still say spend the $$ for the paxton, because if it ****s up i bet they'll back it up, the ebay, when it does (and it will) they will tell you were to stick it.

#23 ·
iwouodnt do a paxton as it becomes a hinderence to power once the 500 hp mark is brokin. my tuner is a paxton dealer and when we were going over all of this and he was really pushing me to not get the paxton intercooler.

#25 ·
the paxton is great above 500, its the vortech aftercooler that sucks after 500HP. i jsut did one on a friends 99 cobra, we had ran the boost up to 16PSI, did a 8 rib conversion making right under 700RWHP. we then found the aftercooler setup just wasnt cutting it, ordered a paxton, just the paxton setup alone, not including a re tune lowered the IAT2's 15 degrees on the dyno, even more on the street, and we saw over a 40HP gain.

the paxton setup is the shiznit. its the same size pipeing and all a turbo kit would use, and the turbo's make even more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.